You won’t believe the flavor in these Balsamic Roasted Vegetables!
I have so many staple recipes that I make all the time, yet never post the recipe for here. I decided this is the year that needs to stop. Just because a recipe isn’t earth-shattering doesn’t mean it doesn’t have value for you. If you’re on the lookout for a tasty, easy, and healthy vegetable side dish, this one is perfect. Balsamic Roasted Vegetables are a dinnertime staple. I make them pretty much once a week from October through March. I switch up the vegetables based on what I have on hand, but this combination of Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and carrots is my favorite.
If you don’t know the magic of roasted vegetables, this is a great recipe to start with. I loved roasted vegetables with just oil, salt, and pepper, but the balsamic coating elevates them even more.
Are you ready to fall in love with vegetables? No, really. Just look at the caramelization from the roasting. Sooo good. This Balsamic Roasted Vegetable recipe is a great side dish for whatever you’re serving. It compliments any chicken or meat dish, or you can add them to a vegan bowl with a grain and maybe some beans (Like in this recipe, for example.)
I say the recipe as written serves four, but it really depends on what else you’re having with it. I often double the recipe if it’s my only side dish. If there’s leftovers, which there rarely is, I love adding it to a salad for lunch the next day.
Also, I didn’t want to use parchment paper for the pictures, but it does make for easier clean up if you do.
Will your kids like this? For mine, Meghan (8) only likes the roasted cauliflower, but will begrudgingly one of two bites of the others. She just prefer raw vegetables overall. Luke (5) will eat all of it, as long as I give him the most browned pieces. He’s often said, “I only like the brown ones” when we eat roasted vegetables. Well, that’s where the flavor is!
I hope you give this one a try soon and your whole family loves it!
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts (about 3 cups), tough end removed and sliced in half
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 3 cups cauliflower florets (about half of a large head)
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¾ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place your prepared vegetables on a baking sheet. For easier clean up, cover the pan in parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Pour the mixture on the vegetables and toss them to coat them well.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until the vegetables are golden brown. Stir the vegetables 1-3 times during the roasting time to ensure even roasting. Enjoy!