This Roasted Vegetable Buddha Bowl Recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and full of nutrients!
If you are looking for a warming, plant-powered bowl that tastes as good as it is nutritious, this is your recipe. A “Buddha Bowl” is basically a bowl of vegetables and such all mixed together, and it’s pretty much my favorite way to eat vegetables.
The sauce is a simple tahini-lemon sauce that takes less than five minutes to make in your blender. It is the perfect way to top these roasted-to-perfection vegetables. Warning: the sauce has raw garlic. It’s great for your health, not so great for your breath. Totally worth it.
This Buddha Bowl recipe is easy to whip up in 30 minutes. Start with your raw vegetables.
Add some oil, salt and pepper.
Roast them in a hot oven until they get that brown, caramel-y goodness you can only get by roasting.
I drool just looking at this picture. The sweet carrots pair perfectly with the brussels sprouts and broccoli.
While the vegetables are roasting, you make your sauce. Since brown rice takes a longer time to cook, I like to use prepared rice like I do in this Rainbow Rice and Bean Salad, or have it made ahead of time.
The last step is to combine everything for a Buddha Bowl recipe you’ll want to make over and over. This recipe is enough to serve 1-2, but can easy be doubled or tripled to serve more. Enjoy this one!
Roasted Vegetable Buddha Bowl Recipe
This Roasted Vegetable Buddha Bowl is vegan, gluten-free, and full of plant-based goodness.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 1-2
- Category: vegan
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts, rough end removed and cut into halves or fourths, depending on their size
- 4 rainbow carrots, sliced
- 1 small head broccoli, stems removed and florets cut into small pieces
- avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- FOR THE TAHINI LEMON SAUCE
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place your vegetables on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the vegetables are browned, about 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, make your sauce.
- Place the tahini, water, lemon juice, and garlic in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- When the vegetables are roasted, place the vegetables and rice in a bowl. Top with the dressing and toss to coat. Enjoy!
- Calories: 407
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 467.5mg
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Protein: 14g