Sip on this Patriotic Sangria Recipe this summer to beat the heat and enjoy a cocktail. It’s filled with vibrant flavors from fresh blueberries, strawberries, grape juice, brandy, and wine. Perfect for Memorial Day and the 4th of July!
If summertime is your favorite season, I completely understand why! Warm days, parties, barbecues, time at the pool, and of course, having a cool drink in hand. This Patriotic Sangria is ideal for Memorial Day, the 4th of July, and any other event you may have planned.
You aren’t going to find a much easier recipe for sangria. Plus, if you have a well-stocked bar and some fresh fruit, you probably already have everything on hand.
- Strawberries – High in water content, strawberries are a very healthy fruit. They are also a great source of vitamin C, folate, potassium, and manganese.
- Blueberries – These sweet little berries are the perfect addition to this patriotic sangria recipe. While they don’t have many calories, they do have a lot of vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese too.
- Melon – If you haven’t had canary melon yet, you’ll be super happy to know that it is healthy. It’s a fantastic source of vitamin C and vitamin A.
- White Grape Juice – I love the addition of white grape juice to this cocktail. It’s sweet and helps enhance the other flavors. Just be sure to reach for 100% juice, so you don’t end up with a bunch of sugars you don’t want.
- Brandy – Adding a little bit of brandy is a great way to include a little alcohol, but it’s not overwhelming like other cocktails. It’s easy to adjust the flavor by adding more or less, depending on what you like.
- Dry White Wine – Stick with dry white wine, so the sangria doesn’t end up overly sweet. Unless you like super sweet drinks. Dry wine gives the sangria a great balance.
HOW TO MAKE THIS PATRIOTIC SANGRIA RECIPE
- Use a glass jug and mix together the fruit, white grape juice, and brandy together.
- Add in the dry white wine and give it a gentle stir.
- Serve the sangria over ice and enjoy!
PATRIOTIC SANGRIA FAQS
WHAT KIND OF WINE DO I NEED TO USE?
Really, you can use any kind of wine you want. My only recommendation is that you use a wine that you love the flavor of on its own. This will ensure that you will like it in the sangria. If you pick something you don’t like when it’s a stand-alone, then odds are you aren’t going to be a huge fan of the cocktail.
CAN I USE DIFFERENT KINDS OF FRUIT?
Yes, you can swap out the fruit to different kinds if you want. Raspberries, blackberries, peaches, watermelon, cantaloupe, or citrus fruits like oranges would all be good. If you go away from the red, white, and blue colors, you can serve this sangria any time of year; it just won’t be as patriotic.
CAN I MAKE SANGRIA AHEAD OF TIME?
Yep, sangria can easily be made ahead of time. You will need to keep it in a pitcher that is airtight so that the fruit doesn’t spoil. Typically, this sangria recipe will last 4-5 days as long as the fruit wasn’t close to spoiling before you made it. The longer it sits, the deeper the fruit flavor is going to get. The wine will start to lose its flavor after a few days, so I don’t recommend letting it sit longer.
WHAT IS CANARY MELON?
Canary melon is known for its bright yellow skin. It’s shaped like an oval, and the flesh has a similar texture to pears. While slightly sweet and tangy, it’s the perfect addition to sangria. Their peak season is summertime, which makes them a great choice to add to cocktails or eat when it’s hot outside.
If you don’t have access to canary melon, you can omit it altogether or go with honeydew or cantaloupe. The pale-colored flesh is why it’s a great option for this patriotic drink, but the flavor won’t be hindered if you have to swap it.
Love sangria? Try out my White Sangria Recipe! It’s another delicious summer drink that I can’t get enough of. Or, if you are in the mood for something different, try my Skinny Watermelon Margarita, Spicy Jalapeno Margarita Recipe, or The Best Margarita!
If you’re planning a Memorial Day party menu, check out the Best Memorial Day Recipes!
If you need a great side dish to go with this drink, try my Jalapeño Coleslaw recipe!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating below! It’s so helpful for other readers to see which recipes are tried and true! I’d also love to see it–share your photo of this dish and tag me on Instagram, and I’ll feature you!Print
Patriotic Sangria Recipe
This Patritotic Sangria is simple to make and is perfect for the 4th of July and Memorial Day celebrations!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: recipes
- Method: mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 ½ cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ canary melon, sliced and cut into stars
- 1 cup white grape Juice, chilled
- ¼ cup brandy
- 1 750ml bottle of dry white wine, chilled
- In a glass jug, combine the fruit, grape juice and brandy.
- Pour in the white wine and gently stir
- Serve chilled as is or over ice
- Serving Size: 8 ounces
- Calories: 134
- Sugar: 5.3 grams
- Fat: 0.2 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 11.1 grams
- Fiber: 1.1 grams
- Protein: 0.6 grams
Keywords: Patriotic Sangria recipe