This Apple Pear Snack Cake is super moist, made with no refined sugar, and whole grains. It’s healthy enough to eat as a snack!Cake for a snack? Absolutely! Life is much too short not to eat cake for more than just dessert. You don’t have to feel guilty about letting your little one eat cake for a snack when it is wholesome like this one.
This healthy cake is filled with fruit, whole grains, and has no refined sugar. It also just happens to be moist and delicious.
Apple Pear Snack Cake Ingredients
These wholesome ingredients made a healthy cake that’s perfectly acceptable to eat as a snack.
- pear pureé
- unsweetened apple sauce
- no-sugar-added apple juice
- 1 egg
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- whole wheat pastry flour
- rolled oats
- ground nutmeg
Eat your cake!
How to Make Apple Pear Snack Cake
Apple Pear Snack Cake
A kid approved sweet and healthy snack! This cake is made with fruit puree, no refined sugar, and whole grains, so it’s a wholesome treat.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 9 - 12 bars 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup pear puree (instructions in recipe)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup no-sugar-added apple juice
- 1/2 large, ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon + more for sprinkling on top
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch square pan and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Peel and cut 2 medium-sized, very ripe pears into chunks. Put into a blender and blend until smooth (this should yield about 1/2 cup). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana. It’s okay if it is a little chunky. Add the pear puree, apple sauce, apple juice, egg, coconut oil, vanilla, and maple syrup and mix well. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until blended. Fold in the raisins. Pour the batter into the greased pan and sprinkle with a little cinnamon. Bake for 25-30 minutes, rotating the pan 180 degrees half way through the baking time. When an inserted toothpick comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Serving Size: 1 of 12
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 317mg
- Fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrates: 25.9g
- Protein: 2.7g
Keywords: Apple Pear Snack Cake
Do I really need to report if Meghan liked this? Of course she did. Loved it is a more accurate description. I’m sure I’ll be making this one again and again. Feel free to eat this healthy cake for snack, dessert, or even breakfast. Oh, yeah, it’s not just for toddlers. The two adults in this house like it just as much as the little one.
This recipe was first published December 2010. New photos and a video were added December 2019.