These Fluffy Banana Pancakes are super easy to make, even on weekday mornings! These are healthy, made with oats, and dairy free and gluten free. You won’t believe how tasty they are!
Soft and fluffy insides, crispy edges, perfectly golden outsides, and a delicious banana flavor make these pancakes a must-try. The recipe yields six delicious pancakes using simple ingredients.
Nothing beats a fluffy pancake breakfast you can easily fit into your busy mornings. They are yummy, easy to put together, and oh-so-filling! Enjoy them with a simple drizzle of maple syrup or with a topping of fresh blueberries, or smothered with peanut butter or almond butter, and your day will start on the right note.
If you want to try something different than your traditional pancake recipe and you love the flavor of banana bread, you’ll love what I’m about to share with you – a failproof banana pancake recipe!
These healthy pancakes use the ripe bananas lying unwanted on your counter and convert them into the best banana pancakes ever!
I love the slight touch of cinnamon in these pancakes. It adds just the right amount of warmth and spice without overpowering the rest of the flavors.
Also, it’s a healthy recipe. There’s no added sugar (if you don’t want it), and a little butter in the batter gives it that rich, melt-in-your-mouth flavor. You can top each stack with chocolate chips, fresh fruit, and warm maple syrup. Yum!!!!
Ready for the recipe, pancake lovers? Let’s get to it right away.
Ingredients for Homemade Banana Pancakes
- Rolled Oats – We’re leaving out flour from our recipe and using rolled oats, which are gluten-free, making them a perfect breakfast choice.
- Overripe Bananas – Use the really brown bananas for super sweet pancakes. Make sure you mash them fully to get a smooth pancake batter.
- Eggs – Eggs help bind all the dry ingredients together. They’ll also make your pancakes fluffy and soft. Always use eggs at room temperature.
- Swerve Sweetener – Want to stick to your regular sugar? Go for it. It’s your choice.
- Cinnamon – If you want to leave it out, you can! But trust me, the aroma and flavor it adds to your recipe is unmatchable.
- Vanilla Extract – A little goes a long way! It helps uplift the flavors of the other ingredients in this recipe.
- Baking Powder – This magic ingredient will make your pancakes rise and become so much more fluffy.
- Coconut Oil or Butter – You need it to cook your pancake breakfast. You can use avocado oil if you want to, too.
Banana Pancake Variations
There are many variations of healthy banana pancakes. I make this recipe for healthy pancakes quite often. Many of you have made them, also, and love them! The only problem? I don’t always have Greek yogurt on hand.
One of those days when I didn’t have Greek yogurt on hand and I wanted some quick, easy, and healthy pancakes, this new Fluffy Banana Pancakes recipe was born!
This one is dairy free, gluten free (if you use certified GF oats) and full of banana flavor! If you’re a banana lover, you’re going to absolutely love this recipe. Just look at that thick, fluffy stack.
I’ve tried to keep things healthy by leaving out a few ingredients that are a necessary part of traditional banana pancakes. But you can tweak the recipe however you like. Make it healthier, vegan-friendly, or more indulgent like the traditional recipe.
Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes – Add chocolate chips to the batter and enjoy them as they melt while cooking.
Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes – Swap the rolled oats for whole wheat flour.
Vegan Banana Pancakes – Use flaxseed meal as a substitute. These pancakes may turn out to be slightly denser but equally delicious.
Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes – If you love your classic peanut butter and banana combo, add a tablespoon of peanut butter to the batter.
Banana Pumpkin Pancakes – Feeling festive? Add some pumpkin puree to the recipe for that perfect autumn brunch.
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes – This is a great option for meal prep. Make the batter in advance and use it throughout the week.
You can also use nuts, Nutella, or any other toppings of your choice. These pancakes are versatile like that!
Tips and Tricks
- Only use a hot, hot pan. This trick will ensure your pancakes turn out fluffy. The best way to check whether the pan is hot enough is to flick some water drops into the pan. If they sizzle, you’re good to go.
- The batter will thicken as it sits – so if you’re leaving it for a bit, add some milk or water and give it a quick mix when you’re about to use it.
- When cooking your pancakes, wait until bubbles form on the surface before flipping. This indicates that the pancake is ready to be flipped.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are banana pancakes healthier than regular pancakes?
Nutritionally, these pancakes are a healthy, balanced breakfast option. Traditional pancakes are made with all-purpose flour, which isn’t as healthy as an option as these pancakes made with oats.
Can I make these banana pancakes with no egg?
Yes, you can make these without eggs. I suggest using flax eggs in their place, but you can try different options from my list of vegan egg substitutes.
How to store banana pancakes?
If you want to eat them later, store them in an air-tight container and reheat them when needed. If you’re prepping for meal prep, freeze them in a ziplock bag. Reheat them in the microwave or on a pan whenever you’re ready to eat.
Can I make these without flour?
These Banana Pancakes are just as easy as my other recipes; I use my Vitamix blender to blend the batter. Easy peasy.
How to Make the BEST Fluffy Banana Pancakes
Check out my video to see just how easy it is to make these!
Please let me know if you try this one and make sure to rate the recipe! It helps everyone when a recipe has reviews. Share your photos on Instagram and tag me and I’ll feature you!Print
Links to products are affiliate links. Thanks for supporting Happy Healthy Mama!