Looking for a perfect side dish that’s delicious, healthy, and easy to throw together? Try this Broccoli Cauliflower Salad recipe!
Vibrant colors. Fresh flavors. This dish will be a hit at all of your family gatherings.
I love to put an irresistible classic broccoli salad on the menu for my family nights. It’s easy, healthy, and goes well with almost everything. (This Healthy Broccoli Salad is a go to!) I didn’t think I could improve upon it, but then I went and added cauliflower to the mix. Even healthier and even better!
What I love the most about this fresh broccoli cauliflower salad is how easy it is. You can eat the broccoli and cauliflower raw in this salad, no need for blanching or steaming ahead of time. If you need to, you can make it ahead of time. The apples don’t brown thanks to the lemon in the homemade dressing. It actually think it tastes even better the next day. I pop the leftovers in an airtight jar and put it in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Ingredients You Need for this Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe
A great recipe doesn’t use fancy ingredients to give a fancier meal. It’s all about how you can use simple ingredients to pull something as delicious as this healthy broccoli cauliflower salad. Here’s what you need to create magic.
We are using 3 cups of raw broccoli florets for this easy broccoli cauliflower salad recipe. Broccoli, although not always loved by kids, is really healthy. It’s good for the eyes, helps your bones become stronger, and keeps your brain functioning optimally. On a more serious note, broccoli also has cancer-fighting properties.
I always recommend using fresh broccoli for its crunch and taste. Frozen ones don’t work the same way in salads.
Cruciferous vegetables are some of the healthiest you can consume and we are using two of them here! To make our broccoli cauliflower salad, we are using the same quantity of raw cauliflower florets as the broccoli. Cauliflower is an anti-inflammatory vegetable that is also known to be anti-cancer and help protects against heart disease as well.
Apples bring a sweet twist to salads. They are incredibly nutritious and are a great source of antioxidants. What’s more, apples have a crunch that complements the softness of broccoli and cauliflower. We need two cups of medium-diced apples. You can use Granny Smiths, Pink Ladies, or any other type you prefer. I recommend leaving the skin on it for extra flavor, nutrition, and crunch.
Greek Yogurt and Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
Guess what gives this sweet broccoli cauliflower salad its creamy texture? Greek yogurt and mayo, of course. Mayo with avocado oil is a healthier choice so make sure to look for that. Most mayonnaise is made with super processed soybean oil, which is inflammatory, so I avoid it. Greek yogurt adds a tart flavor, while the mayo adds enough creaminess and sweetness to balance it out.
Honey is a natural sweetener that I prefer to use over refined white sugar. It adds sweetness to this Broccoli Cauliflower Salad that makes it irresistible! We are only using one-fourth cup of it. If you are hoping to make a keto broccoli salad, you can use stevia or monk fruit sweetener.
Maple syrup can also be used in place of the honey.
Red Wine or Apple Cider Vinegar
For me, vinegar is the soul of a good salad. The tanginess it adds can make all the difference between an average dish and one that’s outstanding. Plus, vinegar has health
benefits too. It helps in digestion, lowers cholesterol levels, and eases inflammation. Don’t skip it!
Add a teaspoon of mustard to your creamy dressing to enhance the flavor. Mustard adds a slight spiciness to the recipe that complements the sweetness of the honey.
Pepitas, or pumpkin seeds, are the crunchy element of this easy broccoli salad. These oval-
shaped goodies are low-calorie seeds with high protein content, Healthy and deliciously
crunchy! If you’re out of pepitas, you can use crunchy sunflower seeds. They are just as healthy with
a also add flavor.
These crunchy gems add sweet, buttery flavor to the salad as well as additional texture. Pecans are high in fiber, vitamins, and
minerals. Plus, they’ve got healthy fats that your body needs. If you’re looking for a replacement, pine nuts are a great pick. Walnuts would also work well.
Instructions To Put Together This Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe
Once you have all the ingredients ready, it;s time to bring everything together to give your
taste buds a tasty ride. Here’s what you need to do:
- Put the broccoli, cauliflower, and diced apple in a large bowl.
- To make the homemade dressing, whisk Greek yogurt, mayo, honey, vinegar, mustard, and salt together in a small
- Drizzle your dressing on the broccoli, cauliflower, and apple and stir to coat evenly.
- Add in the pepitas and pecans and stir one more time.
- Give your salad enough chill time before serving.
This Broccoli Cauliflower Salad recipe is absolutely delicious as written. No modifications are needed! However, based on personal preferences, here are some recipe variations for you to consider.
- To add that undeniably smoky flavor, stir in some cooked chopped bacon at the end. Nobody will complain you made a Broccoli Cauliflower Bacon Salad and the crunchy bacon bits give an extra savory pop! It’s a perfect addition if you don’t mind adding meat and makes it an even more irresistible salad.
- To offset the sweetness even more, add sliced red onion to the recipe.
- For another contrasting texture, you can add dried cranberries or raisins.
I hope you enjoy this healthy salad just as much as my family and I do. Happy, healthy eating! If you try it, please let me know! Leave a comment and star rating below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag me so I see it and I’ll feature you! Scroll below the recipe card for more healthy salad ideas that will be perfect for your next Potluck or family gathering! I’d be honored for you to try one of them.Print
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad (Best Ever!)
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
This is a super easy salad to put together and it’s perfectly balanced with flavors and textures.
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 3 cups small cauliflower florets
- 2 cups medium diced apple (not peeled)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup avocado oil Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- Place the broccoli, cauliflower, and diced apple in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whistk together the Greek yogurt, mayo, honey, vinegar, mustard, and
- Drizzle on the broccoli, cauliflower, and apple and stir to evenly coat. Add in the pepitas and pecans and stir one more time.
- Allow to chill for one hour before serving. Enjoy!
Note: This recipe will keep for 3-4 days when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Optional Recipe Variations
- Add in 3-4 slices of cooked, chopped bacon at the end
- Add in 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries (to substitute or in addition to the apples)
- Add in 1/2 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: salad recipes
- Method: chopping
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 179
- Sugar: 14.2 grams
- Fat: 10.1 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 19.9 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 5 grams
Keywords: Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
Healthy Salad Recipes Perfect for a Potluck
Any of these recipes will be perfect for a potluck or family function of any kind.
- Edamame Salad
- Vibrant Thai Salad
- Jalapeno Coleslaw
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Watermelon Salad
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Balsamic Dressing
- Cucumber Salad with Green Grapes and Avocado
- White Bean Salad Recipe
- Summer Fruit Salad
- Healthy Broccoli Salad Recipe
funny shooter 2 says
A mouthwatering recipe that not only aids in weight loss but also makes it easier to stick to your diet without compromising on flavor.
A delicious dish that helps you lose weight and maintain your diet without sacrificing quality.
connect dots says
This is by far the best salad I have ever tasted. For all those of you who are dieting a sincere advice, give it a try.