Strawberry Spinach Salad with Balsamic Dressing is simple to make and is always a crowd pleaser. A secret ingredient with the pecans makes this recipe stand out from the rest!When strawberry season rolls around (well not here in Ohio, but in California…) and they are super sweet and inexpensive at the supermarket, I start buying them by the case and putting them in everything. If you need proof, check out all of these healthy strawberry recipes I have!
Yep, I’m a fan.
So even though I already have a different Strawberry Spinach Salad with avocado and a strawberry dressing (oh, it’s gorgeous!) I couldn’t resist making a new version with balsamic dressing.
This is really quite a simple recipe, but aren’t those the best? It takes minutes to put this together, and everyone loves it.
Although everyone loves candied pecans, those babies add so much sugar and extra calories to a salad. Instead, I toasted my pecans in a pan with a tiny bit of oil and cinnamon. They turned out perfectly–such a great flavor compliment!
This Strawberry Spinach Salad with Balsamic Dressing is a great base recipe that you can customize in so many ways.
- Add chicken to make it a main course.
- Add goat cheese, blue cheese, or gorgonzola cheese.
- Add quinoa to make it a vegan main course.
- Use your favorite store-bought dressing (although making your own is super easy…I know some nights it just doesn’t happen!)
- Swap out the pecans and use almonds instead.
Ready to embrace strawberry season? Make this salad soon!