This Jalapeño Coleslaw Recipe brings coleslaw to a whole new level. It’s filled with delicious, spicy flavors that will add a perfect kick to your summer barbecue or taco dishes.
There’s nothing I love more than summer cookouts and barbecues. Being outside in the warm weather, hanging out with friends and family, eating tasty food…..it doesn’t get much better than that! This Jalapeño Coleslaw Recipe is bound to be a crowd favorite at your next cookout. It’s perfect with a barbecue sandwich, tacos, or even by itself! Add this Summer Corn Salad and you’re all set!
Want to know what makes this recipe even better? It only takes 10 minutes to make! All you have to do it throw some simple ingredients in a bowl, and you’re done. Your tastebuds will be having a party with every bite!
- Slaw Mix– Using a mix is super easy because everything is shredded for you! You can shred the cabbage and carrots yourself if you would like.
- Corn– Corn adds delicious flavor and contains lots of fiber!
- Jalapeños– Jalapeños are the star of this Jalapeño Coleslaw. They add the perfect amount of heat along with some antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- Red Onion– They are rich in antioxidants and also have vitamin C and vitamin B6.
- Cilantro– I love the flavor cilantro adds to this dish. It’s also filled with tons of nutrients!
- Lime Juice– Lime juice adds the perfect amount of zest that takes this dish to the next level.
- Olive Oil– You can use any oil you’d like. I like using olive oil for this recipe.
- Salt and Pepper– These are the only seasonings you need for the right amount of flavor.
- Cotija Cheese– Cotija cheese is a Mexican cheese that is so good in this dish.
How to make this Jalapeño Coleslaw Recipe
- Combine the slaw, corn, jalapeños, onion, and cilantro in a large bowl and toss.
- Combine the lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over the slaw mixture and toss it all together.
- Sprinkle cotija cheese over the slaw before serving. You can also mix it in if you would like.
- Serve and enjoy!
Jalapeño Coleslaw Recipe FAQS
What is Coleslaw Mix made of?
Coleslaw mix is just a blend of shredded cabbage (usually purple and green) and carrots.
Can I make this recipe less spicy?
Of course! I don’t think this recipe is too spicy, but you can always add less jalapeños to take away some of the spice. It’s up to you and your tastebuds!
How long does Jalapeño Coleslaw last?
You can store it in the fridge for about 3-5 days. I recommend keeping it on ice if you plan on having it out for a long time to prevent it from spoiling.
Should I let the Jalapeño Coleslaw sit after I make it?
It’s up to you! It’s delicious served right away, but letting it sit for an hour or two can help it soak in all of the flavors.
Can I slice my own jalapeños instead of using pickled jalapeños?
Yes! I like to use pickled jalapeños because they have a stronger flavor from the juice. It’s a little different than a regular jalapeño. If you use plain jalapeños, you will still get that kick, it will just add a different flavor.
Will this recipe feed a crowd?
This recipe will feed 4-6 people. It’s super easy to double or triple for a larger crowd!
Looking for other summer recipes and party food? Check out my Texas Caviar, Caramelized Onion Dip, and Vegetarian Taco Bowls. If you’re planning a Memorial Day party, check out the Best Memorial Day recipes!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating below! It’s so helpful for other readers to see which recipes are tried and true! I’d also love to see it–share your photo of this dish and tag me on Instagram, and I’ll feature you!Print