This Summer Fruit Salad Recipe is spiked with a citrus-honey sauce and topped with poppy seeds. It’s a crowd-pleasing recipe!
Just when I thought fruit salad needed nothing more than fruit to shine, I went and made this recipe. My whole perspective just shifted.
I still think fresh fruit has what it takes to stand on its own, but if you want to elevate it, and give it an addictive quality, make this Summer Fruit Salad.
It’s all about the sauce. You’re going to make a quick and easy Citrus-Honey Sauce that’s going to coat all of the fruit and make you want another bite. And another. And another.
Even my 8-year-old daughter, Meghan, who is the plainest eater you’ll find, devoured this Summer Fruit Salad.
After we coat the fruit in sauce, we sprinkle it with poppy seeds for a beautiful contrast in color. Just lovely, no?
I didn’t really want to mention this, but as I was eating this Summer Fruit Salad, I couldn’t help but think of how incredible it would be on top of a bowl of ice cream. Sorry. Once you get that idea in your head, it’s hard to get it out.
You can definitely change out the fruits you use in this recipe. We love the summer berries over here, but this would be equally good with almost any fruit. Grapes, kiwi, bananas, peaches….customize this and make it your own!Print
Summer Fruit Salad Recipe
This Summer Fruit Salad is spiked with a citrus-honey sauce and then topped with poppy seeds!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups cut-up strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups cut-up pineapple
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
For the Sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- Mix all of the fruit together in a large bowl.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the orange juice, lime juice, honey, vanilla, and salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer until it is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour the sauce over the fruit and gently mix. Top with the poppy seeds and gently mix again.
- Chill for one hour before serving. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: about 3/4 cup
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 19 grams
- Fat: 0.6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 25 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 1.2 grams
Would you like to save this recipe for later? Here’s an image to save to your Pinterest recipe board!
We LOVE fruit in this house! Here are some of our favorite recipes using fruit: