Cucumber Salad takes a new spin by adding sweet green grapes, creamy avocado, and fresh mint. This is refreshing and delicious!
Heads up! This Cucumber Salad with Green Grapes and Avocado recipe was originally published in 2014. An updated photo was added June 2018. Text has not been changed. Enjoy this refreshing summer recipe!
We have a local grocery store where, if you go the right day and the right time, you can make a full meal, including dessert, out of their sample offerings. Whenever I tell the kids we are going to the grocery store they ask, “Which store? Dorothy Lane Market?”
They know. They know if we go to Kroger they aren’t going to have the same grocery-shopping experience. (Although my wallet thanks me when we do.)
This cucumber salad comes from one of those famous samples.
The Dorothy Lane salad was a Cucumber Salad with Grapes and with the sample came a typed up recipe card so I could see exactly what went into it. While I liked their salad, I thought it could use a little tweaking.
First, I added avocado for contrasting texture. The cucumbers and grapes are both crisp and I wanted a creamy element.
The Dorothy Lane salad used a simple oil and vinegar dressing, which I amped up by increasing the garlic and adding some some fresh mint from my container garden (new this year! I’m actually growing something!).
I love the result. This cucumber salad is fresh and satisfying with a lovely flavor. I hope you love it as much as I do!
If you’re looking for more healthy salad recipes, check out these 101 Healthy Salad Recipes!
Cucumber Salad Recipe
Cucumber, Green Grape, and Avocado Salad
This salad is fresh and satisfying with a lovely flavor
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes resting time
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: serves 4 - 6
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 lbs seedless cucumbers (about 2 large cucumbers), peeled or unpeeled*
- kosher salt
- Approximately 30 green grapes, sliced in half
- 1 avocado, cut into small chunks
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Slice the cucumbers in half lengthwise. (*If using cucumbers with seeds, use a spoon to scoop out the middle and discard the seeds.) Then cut the cucumbers crosswise into 1/4″-1/2″ slices. Place in a large bowl and sprinkle with about a teaspoon of kosher salt. Toss to distribute the salt evenly around the cucumber pieces. Let sit for 20 to 25 minutes while the salt helps pull excess moisture out of the cucumbers. Then rinse off the salt, drain the cucumbers, and squeeze out any more excess moisture with a cloth or paper towels.
- Mix the cucumbers, grapes, and avocado in a large bowl. In a small, separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and mint. Drizzle the dressing over the cucumber mixture and carefully stir to evenly coat everything. Add more salt to taste, if preferred. (I did not add extra salt.) Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 of 4 servings
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 573.3mg
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 9.5g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: cucumber salad
If you make this Cucumber Salad recipe, or any Happy Healthy Mama recipe, I would LOVE to see it! Please take a pic and share it on Instagram or the Happy Healthy Mama Facebook page and tag me @happyhealthymama ?
Also, if you try it, would you mind rating the recipe with stars when you leave a comment? It’s VERY helpful for me and other readers if the recipes have ratings and reviews. I appreciate you!
If you’d like to save this recipe for later, here’s an image for your Pinterest recipe board!