This recipe for this Pear Ginger Smoothie is from my new cookbook, Anti-Inflammatory Drinks for Health. Naturally sweetened with pears and made with fresh ginger, this recipe is a delicious way to get anti-inflammatory foods into your diet.
It’s been a super exciting month as Anti-Inflammatory Drinks for Health came out! When something you worked so hard at creating goes out into the world, it’s a terrifying, exciting, crazy feeling.
But now that it’s out there, and people are actually buying it (!!!), I’m just enjoying the thought of having my passion and love for inspiring health manifested into a physical product that people can have and hold. While I’ve been putting content out there via this blog for 9 years now, it’s a great feeling to have something non-digital to share.
Today I’m publishing one of the recipes you can find inside the book so you can get a feel for what kind of recipes you’ll get if you decide to purchase Anti-Inflammatory Drinks for Health.
This Pear Ginger Smoothie is sweet, spicy, creamy, and loaded with anti-inflammatory benefits. Let’s take a look at the ingredients that will help you fight chronic inflammation in this smoothie:
Anti-Inflammatory Ingredients in Pear Ginger Smoothie
- Fresh ginger–Ginger has a group of compounds called gingerols, which inhibit the synthesis of pro-inflammatory cytokines. Ginger also contains an enzyme, zingibain, which has been shown to reduce inflammation in the body.
- Spinach–Leafy green vegetables like spinach are loaded with antioxidants that have been shown to fight inflammation.
- Lemon–Lemon contains beta-cyrptoxanthin, an antioxidant that prevents free radical damage. Many researchers believe that oxidative damage leads to inflammation, so this can help prevent it.
- Almonds-The regular consumption of almonds has been shown to lower C-reactive protein levels, a key marker of inflammation.
As you can see, the drink recipes in Anti-Inflammatory Drinks for Health have been thoughtfully created using ingredients that are shown to help promote healthy inflammation in our bodies.
All of these benefits, and this smoothie is delicious!! I hope you enjoy it, and I would be honored if you purchased my new book.
How to Make Pear Ginger Smoothie RecipePrint
Pear Ginger Smoothie Recipe (from Anti-Inflammatory Drinks for Health)
This Pear Ginger Smoothie recipe is absolutely delicious and loaded with anti-inflammatory benefits! Recipe is from the cookbook by Maryea Flaherty, Anti-Inflammatory Drinks for Health.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 smoothie 1x
- Category: anti-inflammatory recipes
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: Health
- 1 large ripe pear, cored and quartered
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon peeled, chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in a large blender.
- Blend the ingredients on high until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Consume immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 334
- Sugar: 19 grams (all natural)
- Fat: 17 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 37 grams
- Fiber: 11 grams
- Protein: 10 grams
Keywords: Pear Ginger Smoothie Recipe
More smoothies you might enjoy: