Let me show you how to make the BEST Kale Smoothie!
Yesterday we started a 28 Day Food + Fitness RESET. Why did we start this week and not the first week in January? Mostly because a lot of kids were still on Christmas break last week, so this week just made more sense.
I mention this because this vegan, healthy, + delicious Kale Smoothie is one of the recipes inside the 28 Day Food + Fitness RESET. If you didn’t snag your copy yet, you can order it right here for $10.99.
You don’t need the eBook to participate in the challenge, though! If you want a group of supportive, inspiring, and motivating women to cheer you on while you start off this year on the RIGHT TRACK….join the Happy Healthy Mama Private Facebook Community. The challenge is totally free to participate in and I’m offering drawings for prizes for those who are active participants in the group!
How Do I Make a Kale Smoothie?
Let’s get back to our featured recipe—the Kale Smoothie!
Kale Smoothies are easy to make, especially if you have a powerful blender. (aff link) A Vitamix will make a kale smoothie totally smooth. Kale is a tough leaf, and regular blenders may not be able to totally break it down.
It’s important to add something sweet to your kale smoothie to offset the bitter leaves. Kale is naturally bitter and doesn’t taste that great in liquid form. Here we use a banana for natural sweetness and then stevia to keep it free from any added sugars. (No added sugar is allowed during the Healthy RESET Challenge!🙌🏼)
Kale is naturally low in calories, as well, so it’s important to add some protein and bulk to the smoothie to make sure it’ll keep you full. For this recipe almond butter and flaxseed help with that!
Health Benefits of a Kale Smoothie
It’s so easy to make kale smoothies and the health benefits are tremendous! Kale is a SUPER nutrient-dense food that you should try to include in your diet on the regular.
- Kale is high in vitamins A, K, C, and B6.
- Kale is also a great source of manganese, calcium, copper, potassium, and magnesium.
- Kale is LOADED with antioxidants that help fight inflammation, protect your heart, and help maintain healthy blood pressure levels. Namely, you find quercetin and kaempferol in kale, both of which have been well-researched for their nutritional benefits.
Ready to get your Kale Smoothie on?! Let’s do it!Print
Kale Smoothie Recipe
This Kale Smoothie Recipe is vegan, has no added sugar, and can be an excellent addition to your weight loss toolbox!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 smoothie 1x
- Category: smoothies
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 apple, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 packet pure stevia powder (1/4 teaspoon), optional
- 1/2 cup ice
- Place all ingredients into a powerful blender and blend until thoroughly combined and smooth. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 512
- Fat: 32.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 50 grams
- Protein: 13 grams
Keywords: kale smoothie