These Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes are light, fluffy, and have incredible apple flavor. They are made with no oil or butter and make for a hearty, filling, and healthy breakfast.
These are not just your regular, run of the mill pancakes, though. These Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes are perfect-for-fall-warm-up-your-morning apple pancakes. You get a triple dose of apples through apple cider, apple sauce (which replaces oil or butter!) and chunks of fresh apple hidden inside. Let me just say they are incredible.
Not only are they full of apple goodness, these healthy pancakes are 100% whole grain. I use whole wheat pastry flour, but regular whole wheat flour works, too.Print
The Ultimate Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes
These Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes are the lightest, fluffiest whole wheat pancakes I’ve ever made and I know you are going to LOVE them!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 pancakes 1x
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 3/4 milk (I use unsweetened almond milk; any kind of milk will work)
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl and mix until just combined. Fold in the diced apple. Do not over mix.
- To cook the pancakes, heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. When the pan is ready, butter or oil the pan. Pour the pancake batter using a 1/3 cup measure cup onto the pan. Allow the pancake to cook until the edges appear dry and there are tiny bubbles forming on the surface. Flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes until the pancake is golden brown. Enjoy!
Busy Mama Tip: Make an extra batch of these on the weekend and freeze them. You’ll have easy weekday breakfasts ready to go!
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 122
- Sugar: 6.5
- Fat: 0.5
- Carbohydrates: 24
- Fiber: 3.6
- Protein: 3.1
If you make these Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes recipe, or any Happy Healthy Mama recipe, I would LOVE to see it! Please take a pic and share it on Instagram or the Happy Healthy Mama Facebook page and tag me @happyhealthymama ?
Also, if you try it, would you mind rating the recipe? It’s VERY helpful for me and other readers if the recipes have ratings and reviews. I appreciate you!
If you’d like to save this recipe for later, here’s an image to save to your Pinterest recipe board!