These Teriyaki Turkey Burgers are bursting with flavor and are moist and juicy! (NO more dry turkey burgers!) Use this Healthy Teriyaki Sauce for a delicious and healthy dinner that is gluten free and dairy free.
If anyone ever tries to tell you that healthy eating is boring, bland, or anything but delicious, I beg you to make them this Teriyaki Turkey Burger and serve it to them. THEN let them try to tell you healthy eating is lacking anything.
Turkey burgers can be pretty tricky to get just right. They have a bad reputation for being dry and tasteless. This Teriyaki Turkey Burger is ANYTHING but that. These moist and flavorful patties will have you on the turkey burger train on no time.
The healthy Teriyaki sauce, and egg, and grated carrots inside make this burger impossible to be dry and the flavor is spot on.
They are absolutely perfect with grilled pineapple slices on top. If you are one of those weirdos who doesn’t like to mix fruit with your savory dinners then go ahead and leave it off. Tim actually said he prefers these without, but he also doesn’t like even ketchup on his regular burgers, so take that for what it’s worth.
I tested with with a regular bun and with a “lettuce bun”. Whatever floats your boat because it was scrumptious both ways.
We used our grill for these, but if you don’t have a grill or are happening upon this recipe in the middle of winter and don’t want to grill in your snow boots, I give you the directions to make them inside, too. Either way, I think you’re going to LOVE these.
How to Make Teriyaki Turkey BurgersPrint
Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
This is a moist and flavorful recipe for a Teriyaki Turkey Burger with grilled Pineapple that is healthy and delicious.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner Recipes
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup finely grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 4 tablespoons healthy teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 slices fresh pineapple
- Teriyaki Sauce for serving, if desired
- lettuce or buns for serving
- Preheat the grill to medium and brush the grill grate with a high-heat oil such as avocado oil.
- Combine the egg, carrot, garlic, 2 tablespoons of the teriyaki sauce, and onion powder into a bowl. Add turkey and mix until combined and shape into 4 patties.
- Coat both sides of patties with nonstick spray, then grill, covered, 6-8 minutes per side. (A thermometer should measure and internal temperature of 165 degrees) Baste patties with the teriyaki sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Grill the pineapple slices until grill marks appear, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve on a bun or with lettuce and extra teriyaki sauce, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 burger with 1 slice pineapple
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 6.5 grams
- Fat: 10 grams
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 9 grams
- Fiber: 1.1 grams
- Protein: 25.5 grams
Keywords: Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
You may also love this Mozzarella-Stuffed Basil Turkey Burger recipe!