When you are craving pumpkin spice, these Healthy Pumpkin Cookies are exactly what you need! They are vegan, gluten free, low sugar, and EASY to make!
Sometimes, you just need a cookie. Am I right? These Healthy Pumpkin Cookies are for those time when you just NEED a cookie, but:
1.) You want it fast. No fancy chill-the-dough-overnight type recipes. Quick and easy, please.
2.) You don’t want said cookie to have enough sugar to fill up your weekly limit.
3.) Said cookie still must be satisfying and delicious.
Too much to ask? Nah. I got ya.
These Healthy Pumpkin Cookies could not be any easier and they will totally leave you feeling satisfied and happy. I’m not into deprivation over here.
Ingredients for Healthy Pumpkin Cookies
If you stock a healthy pantry, you probably have everything you need on hand.
- ground flaxseed meal
- almond flour
- erythritol (you can substitute an unrefined sugar like coconut sugar if you prefer)
- baking powder
- pumpkin spice mix
- canned pumpkin pureé
- oil (melted coconut oil or avocado oil are good choices)
Because some of my favorite traditional pumpkin cookies have frosting, I smeared my Healthy Pumpkin Cookies with a makeshift sugar-free frosting. All I did was gently heat some coconut butter and thin it with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It did the trick! Cream cheese would work, also, if you don’t mind using dairy.
The frosting part is totally optional, though. These are equally fantastic totally naked.
Ground flaxseed and almond flour will never mimic the exact texture of a fluffy pumpkin cookie made from refined white flour, so I won’t say these are exactly like traditional pumpkin cookies. They do, however, make a great healthy alternative. Happy baking!
How to Make Healthy Pumpkin CookiesPrint
Healthy Pumpkin Cookies (Vegan and Gluten-free)
These vegan and gluten-free Healthy Pumpkin Cookies are made with ground flaxseed and almond flour and are as nutritious as they are delicious!
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 19 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup fine almond flour
- 1/3 cup erythritol
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin pureé
- 1/4 cup oil*
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flaxseed meal, almond flour, erythritol, pumpkin spice mix, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the pumpkin pureé and oil.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the mixture onto the baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on the pan before transferring. Enjoy!
*I have tried melted coconut oil and avocado oil and I recommend either
For the optional frosting: gently heat 2-3 tablespoons coconut butter. Add unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 1 gram
- Fat: 9.1 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 grams
- Carbohydrates: 6 grams
- Fiber: 2.1 grams
- Protein: 2.3 grams
Keywords: healthy pumpkin cookie
More Healthy Cookie Recipes
If a healthy cookie recipe is what you seek, I have a bunch!