These Low Carb Flaxseed Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies are easy to make and are perfect with your morning coffee!
This is a legit breakfast cookie. Like not a breakfast cookie that’s called a breakfast cookie but is really a real cookie that you should eat for dessert. (Although you could eat this for dinner. Totally could.) But also not a breakfast cookie that tastes like cardboard.
It’s a low carb breakfast cookie that is lightly sweet, with a nice nutty flavor spiked with cinnamon. It pairs perfectly with your morning coffee.
Whether your morning consists of watching Friends reruns in peace before the kids get up, or rushing to beat morning traffic with breakfast on the go, this low carb breakfast cookie fits right in. The texture is half cookie and half muffin and perfect for any morning.
My husband Tim has embraced a low carb diet for the last six months. At first I was a bit skeptical and maybe even a little against the idea as I have always strived for balance and embracing a variety of all foods. BUT. He’s lost 40 pounds and says he feels better than he’s ever felt. I have to support that.
I’ve done a lot of experimenting with learning a new way of baking. I’m soooo used to baking with whole grains, that’s it’s been a big adjustment for me. It’s taken practice, but I am SO happy with how these low carb breakfast cookies turned out.
“Erythritol is made by fermenting glucose with Moniliella pollinis, a natural microorganism. It also naturally occurs in many fruits and vegetables like melons, grapes and asparagus. Erythritol is classified by the FDA as a zero-calorie, 4-carbon sugar alcohol that does not affect blood glucose.
Oligosaccharides are sweet, non-digestible carbohydrates sourced from select fruits and starchy root vegetables. Oligosaccharides are prebiotic fibers, so they’re not only tasty, but they can help stimulate beneficial bacteria in your gut.”
I’ve been really happy with this newer-to-me sweetener. It’s got no weird aftertaste and doesn’t cause any digestive discomfort like some other alternative sweeteners.
If you don’t have this sweetener and still want to try these cookies, you can use whatever sweetener you have on hand. Regular sugar, coconut sugar, or Sucanat will all work. Obviously, they won’t be low carb anymore, but these cookies will still be delicious!Print
Low Carb Flaxseed Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies
These Low Carb Flaxseed Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies are lightly sweet, spiked with cinnamon flavor, and perfect with morning coffee!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 large cookies 1x
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed meal (I prefer golden flaxseed meal if you can find it)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Swerve sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flaxseed meal, almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and sweetener.
- Add the eggs and coconut oil and mix until well combined.
- Scoop the cookie dough (it will not be thick) using an ice cream scoop and place on the baking sheet at least 3 inches apart. The cookies will spread a lot when baking. If desired, sprinkle the top of the cookies with extra cinnamon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire baking rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: 0.4 grams
- Fat: 19 grams
- Carbohydrates: 2.2 grams
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Protein: 8 grams
If you make these Low Carb Flaxseed Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies, I would LOVE to see it! Take a picture and share it on the Happy Healthy Mama Facebook page or on Instagram and tag me @happyhealthymama! 🙂
Would you like to save this recipe for later? Here’s an image to save to your Pinterest recipe board:
Please note that links to products are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, I will be a percentage of the sale if you purchase through the link. Thanks for supporting Happy Healthy Mama!