The most popular dip at any party is always the Buffalo Chicken Dip. I totally understand this because it’s so dang good. Addicting. I created a recipe for Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip years ago. It’s lightened up from the classic buffalo chicken dip, but it still has dairy. Since dairy is on the inflammatory food list, I knew it was time to create a Dairy-Free Buffalo Chicken Dip.
The good news is that you won’t miss the dairy here! I’m the first to admit that cheese makes everything better. It just does. Everything except our health, unfortunately. Don’t worry, though, with the signature spicy buffalo flavor and creamy texture, this is a fantastic dairy-free dip everyone will love.
This delicious dip couldn’t be any easier. All you need are four simple ingredients and it comes together in a snap. That’s right! FOUR ingredients.
I suggest using leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken to make this even easier and essentially no prep time. All you’ll need to do is mix the four ingredients together, then bake for 20 minutes. You don’t need any special kitchen tools, just a bowl and a spoon! What will you do with your extra time?!
Recipe Ingredients–What You’ll Need
Because of the simple ingredients used in this, it’s also a whole30 buffalo chicken dip. It’s a great option if you’re doing the Whole30 and need a dip recipe!
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese–I use the Kite Hill brand as they have simple, mostly clean ingredients, no inflammatory oils, and no added sugar
- 1/2 cup avocado oil mayonnaise–This gives you a nice, creamy texture without dairy. Primal Kitchen is the brand I use. Many mayos will use inflammatory oils and added sugar, so make sure you check the ingredient list!
- 2 cups shredded chicken –This can come from a couple chicken breasts or leftover rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce–Check ingredients to make sure your Buffalo hot sauce is dairy-free. If you can’t find a dairy-free Buffalo hot sauce, use a regular hot sauce such as frank’s red hot sauce.
How to Make Dairy-Free Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and hot sauce until well combined and creamy. Stir in the chicken.
- Transfer the mixture to a small casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until the creamy dip is starting to bubble. Serve with celery sticks, carrots, tortilla chips, or gluten-free crackers.
Ways to Use Buffalo Chicken Dip
Of course, you can use this as a healthy and delicious appetizer. But there’s so many more ideas as to what you can do with this creamy dip!
- Make a Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato with this dip.
- Turn it into a buffalo chicken salad. Just toss with greens of your choice and you’ve got a tasty lunch!
- Stir into freshly cooked pasta for a delicious and easy dinner. What could be better than dairy free buffalo chicken pasta? YUM.
- Make Buffalo Chicken Dip quesadillas. Perfection.
- Use lightly steamed cauliflower in place of the chicken and sub vegan mayonnaise for a delicious vegan buffalo chicken dip.
Is this dairy free buffalo chicken dip also gluten free?
Yes, this is a gluten-free recipe as written.
Is this a healthy dip?
Healthy is a relative term! But yes, with lean chicken and no dairy, this can certainly be considered a healthy appetizer. It’s even healthier if you serve it with fresh veggies!
Can I use ranch in this recipe?
If you prefer to use ranch, find a vegan ranch dressing and substitute it for the mayonnaise.
How do I store this?
Store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.
How long will this dip last?
This will be good for 3-4 days after you cook the chicken.
Can I make this in the slow cooker?
Yes, you can use a Crockpot for this recipe. Mix all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1-2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes if possible.
Can I make this in the Instant Pot?
I have not tested this recipe in the Instant Pot and don’t think it would work as written. I’ll update this post if I try it!
More Buffalo Recipes to Try
If you love buffalo flavor as much as I do, you’ll love these recipes!
- Buffalo Chicken Breast recipe
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Vegan Chicken Nuggets
- Buffalo Chickpea Salad Sandwich
If you try this Dairy-Free Buffalo Chicken Dip or any of my other healthy recipes, please share it on Instagram and I’ll feature you! Also, if you try it, please leave a comment with a star rating below! Those star ratings are so helpful in helping my recipes get discovered. I appreciate you!Print