This Buffalo Chickpea Salad Sandwich has “new favorite lunch” written all over it. Or dinner. Who am I kidding? Sometimes tossing a few things in a bowl, mashing them together, and throwing them on bread is all the energy I have for dinner. It really is that easy to make this vegetarian buffalo chickpea salad. Did I mention this was EASY?
Check it out. You can count the ingredients on one hand. Plus the salt and pepper. Salt and pepper don’t really count, do they? I think this could be a less than 10 minute recipe from start to finish if you’re efficient.
Easy means nothing, though, if it doesn’t taste good. Ummm…it’s buffalo. YUM. Everyone loves buffalo- flavored stuff. Usually when you think of buffalo, you think of buffalo chicken wings or buffalo chicken dip. Who said chickpeas can’t get in on that action? A vegetarian version of buffalo goodness was just waiting to come out of my kitchen.
Greek yogurt+bleu cheese mix together for a lovely creaminess that is still light. The celery is a classic buffalo pairing and adds a nice crunch to the salad for a perfect balance of textures.
Are you ready to do this? Don’t wait–you need this Buffalo Chickpea Salad Sandwich. Trust me.Print
Buffalo Chickpea Salad Sandwich
This vegetarian Buffalo Chickpea Salad Sandwich is light, easy to make, and has a bite!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: lunch
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese
- 1–2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce, such as Frank’s
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Using a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon, mash the chickpeas until they are mostly broken down. It’s okay to leave some whole.
- Serve on bread with some spinach or lettuce, on top of a bed of greens, or in a wrap. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 serving of 4
- Calories: 377
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 1208.6mg
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 49.9g
- Fiber: 13.8g
- Protein: 22.3g
- Cholesterol: 16.3mg
This Avocado Tuna Salad is another favorite lunch!