This Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes recipe give you a quick, light, and delicious dinner option for busy weeknights!
I’m not sure if “Stuffed Sweet Potato” is the right term here. Maybe more like “Loaded Sweet Potato” or “a Lovely Smash of Buffalo Chicken on Top of a Sweet Potato.” Whatever you want to call it, you’re going to LOVE what I’m calling Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes.
Are you a buffalo chicken fan? Then this recipe, my friend, is a must-try. It takes the idea of buffalo chicken dip and turns it into a weeknight-appropriate, light dinner option that’s gluten free. You are welcome.
OH, and it’s basically a meal-preppers dream. Use my Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes recipe along with my Crockpot Shredded Chicken recipe whenever you do your meal prep and BOOM. That busy weeknight comes around and you have an easy peasy dinner ready minutes.
If you’re looking for a grilled chicken recipe, this is the BEST Grilled Chicken recipe! Must try!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet PotatoesPrint
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
This Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes recipes give you a quick, light, and delicious dinner option for busy weeknights!
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: dinner recipes
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: American
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken (from 2 large boneless breasts)
- 1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese, plus more for topping
- If your sweet potatoes aren’t cooked, cook the sweet potatoes. (Instant Pot instructions, oven instructions)
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened and starting to brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add the cooked, shredded chicken, hot sauce, and blue cheese and stir to combine. Cook until the chicken is heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Slit one of the cooked sweet potatoes length wise and split it open. Spoon 1/4 of the chicken mixture on top of the sweet potato. Repeat with remaining sweet potatoes. Top with extra hot sauce and bleu cheese, if desired.
Prep and cook time does not include cooking the sweet potatoes or the chicken as it’s assumed those are done ahead of time.
- Serving Size: 1 sweet potato with 1/4 of the chicken mixture
- Calories: 391
- Sugar: 13.1
- Fat: 11.8 grams
- Saturated Fat: 4.2 grams
- Carbohydrates: 37.8 grams
- Fiber: 5.4 grams
- Protein: 32.3 grams
Keywords: Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes