This Tangy Buffalo Chicken Breast Recipe is vibrant and a must-try dish. This 30-minute dinner idea is flavorful, easy, and sure to impress your pickiest eaters. Don’t lose this recipe because you will want to cook it all the time!
These juicy chicken breasts bursting with buffalo sauce are calling your name? Don’t hear it? Listen a little closer because this is going to become a family favorite dish!
You can easily make extra to feed a larger group or if your kids refuse to eat it, make them 20 Minute Mac and Cheese and keep it to yourself!
Honestly, this is one of the best meal ideas whether you are feeding a crowd or it’s just a busy weeknight and you don’t have time to cook a huge meal. It’s healthy, packed with flavor, and super easy so you can worry about other things. Oh, and I forgot to mention clean-up is a breeze too!
- Chicken Breasts – Stick with boneless and skinless chicken breasts for flawless results every time. You could also use chicken thighs instead. I recommending sticking to boneless skinless for thighs as well.
- Cream Cheese – You will need to use softened cream cheese. It mixes with the other ingredients much more smoothly when it’s softened.
- Cheddar Cheese – Whenever possible try to shred the cheese yourself. It melts so much better and honestly tastes better too.
- Green Onion – They are so much more than tasty! Green onions are a valuable source of vitamin A and vitamin K!
- Seasonings – I recommend a blend of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and dried dill weed. It’s a perfect marriage of flavors.
- Buffalo Sauce – The key ingredient is the buffalo sauce. You can use any variety that you like.
- Oil – Any oil you like will work. I prefer avocado oil here, but olive oil will work also.
HOW TO MAKE THIS BUFFALO CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onions, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, dill weed, and buffalo sauce in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
NOTE: The sauce is going to be thick and that is what you need it to be.
3. Add salt and pepper to the chicken breasts.
4. Pour the oil into an oven-safe skillet and let it heat up using medium-high heat.
5. Sear both sides of the chicken until it’s golden.
6. Remove the skillet from the heat place a thick layer of the cheese mixture on top of each chicken breast.
7. Place the chicken in the oven and cook until the chicken has reached 165 degrees. On average it will take around 10-15 minutes.
8. Allow the chicken time to rest for about 5-10 minutes.
9. Add your favorite garnishes like cilantro, parsley, or more green onions. Enjoy hot!
BUFFALO CHICKEN BREAST FAQS
HOW CAN I MAKE THE CHICKEN LESS SPICY?
If you are wanting to tame the spice down, no problem! Simply swap 1 tablespoon of buffalo sauce with some ranch dressing. It’s an easy way to make it a little tamer, which is great if you are feeding kids too.
WHY IS THE CHICKEN DRIED OUT?
The key to cooking delicious and juicy chicken is not to overcook it. It’s vital that you have a good-quality meat thermometer. It’s best to use a digital thermometer to get the most accurate reading. Depending on the size of the chicken breast, it may take more or less time than I recommended. So, keep a watch on the internal temperature and don’t overcook it.
Another important step is making sure you let the chicken rest before you dig in. I know this is hard because it is going to look and smell amazing. However, this step ensures that the juices flow back into the meat and it’s not dried out.
HOW LONG DOES LEFTOVER CHICKEN LAST?
Cooked chicken will last in the fridge for 4-5 days. You should keep it in an airtight container.
You can also freeze it for up to 3 months in a sealed container. A freezer bag will work perfectly too.
Reheat in the microwave with a damp paper towel on top so it doesn’t dry out. Or place in a baking pan and heat in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
Oh…I have some excellent chicken recipes I think you are going to love. Be sure to try out my Skillet Chicken with Mushrooms and Peppers, Best Grilled Chicken Recipe, Italian Baked Chicken Breast, Southwest Chicken Salad, and Greek Lemon Chicken Soup with Orzo too!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating below! It’s so helpful for other readers to see which recipes are tried and true! I’d also love to see it–share your photo of this dish and tag me on Instagram, and I’ll feature you!Print