This Spring Vegetable Skillet with Soft Boiled Eggs will elevate your everyday breakfast!
I haven’t been this excited about breakfast in a long time.
Eggs and vegetables is one of my favorite breakfasts, and this Spring Vegetable Skillet with Soft Boiled eggs totally elevated my standard egg-and-vegetable combo. So much that I’ll probably be eating it multiple times a week all spring long.
Do you love soft boiled eggs?
I don’t know how, but I only just discovered how wonderful they are. Definitely a new obsession.
Ever since I did the Eat More Plants Challenge last February, I’ve been very cognizant of eating more vegetables for my first meal of the day.
This recipe makes that super easy to do. Vegetables have never tasted so darn good.
The soft boiled eggs and tangy mustard drizzle with these spring vegetables just make this the perfect balance of flavors. I can’t get enough and I know you’ll love it, too.
Spring Vegetable Skillet with Soft Boiled Eggs
Seasonal vegetables are topped with soft boiled eggs and accompanied by the perfect simple mustard sauce.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, ghee, or avocado oil
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced (white and light green part only)
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces (about 1 pound)
- 3–4 radishes, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
For the Mustard Sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- splash avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- First, make your sauce. Sauté the garlic in splash of oil until it is fragrant, 1-2 minutes. (Use the same skillet you’ll use to cook your vegetables.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard and apple cider vinegar. Stir in the cooked garlic. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter, ghee, or oil in a medium skillet (the same one you cooked your garlic in.)
- Add the sliced leeks and sauté until they are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the radishes and sauté another two minutes.
- Add the asparagus and sauté until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the eggs and reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 6 minutes. Remove the eggs from the water, rinse under cold water, and peel.
- Serve the vegetables with the eggs and top with a drizzle of mustard sauce. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 339
- Sugar: 8
- Fat: 20
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 17
If you make this recipe, I would love to see it! Tag me on Instagram @happyhealthymama 🙂
Would you like to save this recipe for later? Here’s an image for you to save it to your Pinterest board!