These Sweet and Spicy Brussels Sprouts are totally addicting and easy to make at home!Have you noticed Brussels sprouts are on menus everywhere these days? I love that this nutritional powerhouse has become a menu darling and more mainstream.
I’ve been a big fan of Brussels sprouts for years. Don’t miss of my favorites—> Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries, Pecans, and Blue Cheese, Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad, Brussels sprouts Chips, Grilled Brussels sprouts, and Roasted Brussels sprouts with Apples.
I recently went to Nashville with some of my ZYIA Active team for a team retreat and at one of our lunches the table split a Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower appetizer. I loved the sweet and spicy flavor and knew I had to recreate it at home. What’s one more recipe featuring Brussels sprouts, am I right?
The Brussels sprouts and cauliflower are pan fried in avocado oil to get them nice and crispy and then finished in a quick and simple sauce. The sweet comes from maple syrup and the spicy from sriracha sauce and it’s the perfect combination.
This can work as an appetizer or small plate like we had it in Nashville (The restaurant was at the Thompson Hotel, by the way) or as side dish at dinner. Or you might just eat an entire bowl at lunch time like I may have done when I was testing this recipe. No judgement here.Print
Sweet and Spicy Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower
This Sweet and Spicy Brussels sprouts and Cauliflower recipe is pan fried in avocado oil and then finished with a maple syrup-sriracha sauce. The result is an addicting vegetable dish everyone raves about!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 33 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, tough ends removed and cut in half or quarters for larger sprouts
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- avocado oil
- salt and pepper
For the Sauce
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, sriracha hot sauce, and fresh lime juice. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat a thin layer of avocado oil until it shimmers. Add the Brussels sprouts to the pan and season them with salt and pepper. Cook until they are golden brown and crispy, about 7-10 minutes. Remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- Add more oil to the pan if needed, and then add the cauliflower and season it with salt and pepper. Cook the florets until they are golden brown and crispy, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts back to the skillet with the cauliflower and stir to combine. Pour the sauce on top of the vegetables and stir again. Simmer for 1 minute, stirring a few times while the sauce reduces. Serve immediately.
*Nutritional information is estimated since exact amounts of oil used and absorbed cannot be determined.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 141
- Sugar: 11.7 grams
- Fat: 7.2 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 grams
- Carbohydrates: 18.6 grams
- Fiber: 3.4 grams
- Protein: 3.1 grams
Keywords: Sweet and Spicy Brussels sprouts and Cauliflower