These Crispy Brussels Sprouts Chips are easy to make and SO delicious even your kids will love them!
This recipe has been a long time coming. I have to give all the credit to my husband, Tim. It was YEARS ago now that he first suggested I make Crispy Brussels Sprouts Chips.
When I first started roasting Brussels Sprouts, he noticed how much he loved the crispy outer leaves the best. Then, our son Luke would ask for more of the “chips”. So one day Tim said, “Why don’t you make a batch of just the Brussels Sprouts Chips?”
I finally listened.
I only wish I’d listened sooner.
Don’t make the same mistake I did. I know Brussels Sprouts aren’t as universally hated as they once were, but if you’re still slow to come around, give these a try. I am convinced that these Crispy Brussels Sprouts Chips can bring over even the haters.
Hint: If you already LOVE Brussels Sprouts, I give you some more recipe ideas at the end of this post. Keep on scrollin’ to see them.
You don’t even need a fork. You can eat these crispy little flakes with your fingers, and that makes my kids happy. Okay, it makes me happy, too.
To make these, it takes one extra step more than if you were just roasting them regular style. Trust me, it doesn’t take that much longer and it’s totally worth it.
All you have to do, after you cut off the tough end and cut it in half, is peel away the outer leaves until you get to the core of the sprout. Don’t throw those middles away–you can totally use those for roasting and they are still delicious.
You want to make sure you give the leaves plenty of room on the baking sheet. If you overcrowd them, they won’t get as crispy. I recommend two sheets for the amount in the recipe. Here are some before and after shots of the Crispy Brussels Sprouts Chips:
I just know you’re going to love these, so I hope you make them soon!Print
Crispy Brussels Sprouts Chips
We roast the outer leaves of Brussels Sprouts until they are a crispy delight!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds large Brussels Sprouts
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- After washing and drying the Brussels Sprouts, cut off the tough end and then cut them in half. Discard the ends.
- Peel away the outer layer of the sprouts until you get to the core. As you get closer to the middle, you may need to slice off a bit of the end as you peel away to help the leaves release. It depends on how much of the end you cut off initially. Save the middles for another use.
- Spread the leaves among two baking sheets. Drizzle each sheet with 1 teaspoon avocado oil and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven about 10 minutes, or until the leaves are browned and crispy.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 50
- Fat: 3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 4 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
If you’d like to save this recipe for later, here’s an image to save to your Pinterest recipe board!
Want more ways to enjoy delicious Brussels Sprouts? Here you go!
Balsamic Roasted Vegetables (use the middles in this!)