This Sweet and Spicy Brussels sprouts and Cauliflower recipe is pan fried in avocado oil and then finished with a maple syrup-sriracha sauce. The result is an addicting vegetable dish everyone raves about!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, tough ends removed and cut in half or quarters for larger sprouts
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- avocado oil
- salt and pepper
For the Sauce
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, sriracha hot sauce, and fresh lime juice. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat a thin layer of avocado oil until it shimmers. Add the Brussels sprouts to the pan and season them with salt and pepper. Cook until they are golden brown and crispy, about 7-10 minutes. Remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- Add more oil to the pan if needed, and then add the cauliflower and season it with salt and pepper. Cook the florets until they are golden brown and crispy, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts back to the skillet with the cauliflower and stir to combine. Pour the sauce on top of the vegetables and stir again. Simmer for 1 minute, stirring a few times while the sauce reduces. Serve immediately.
*Nutritional information is estimated since exact amounts of oil used and absorbed cannot be determined.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 141
- Sugar: 11.7 grams
- Fat: 7.2 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 grams
- Carbohydrates: 18.6 grams
- Fiber: 3.4 grams
- Protein: 3.1 grams
Keywords: Sweet and Spicy Brussels sprouts and Cauliflower