This Quinoa Salad recipe is quick and easy to make and full of beautiful, fresh flavor! This is a great recipe for make-ahead lunches or to bring to a potluck.
Last week I shared how to cook quinoa. Whether you’ve been cooking quinoa for years, or you’ve just learned the technique, now you need to make this lovely Quinoa Salad. It’s my new favorite quinoa salad–I can’t get enough!
3 Reasons Why I Love this Quinoa Salad (and you Should Definitely Make It)
- This quinoa salad is PERFECT for meal prepping lunch. When I first made it, I had it for lunch all week and I looked forward to lunch everyday.
- Everyone will love you if you bring it to your next potluck or gathering where you’re expected to bring a salad or side dish. Who doesn’t appreciate the healthy option that also tastes fabulous?
- It’s a nutritional powerhouse!! Along with the cooked quinoa, it has cucumbers, red peppers, fresh herbs, white beans, and sliced almonds. Everything in this salad has great nutritional benefits, as well as contributes to fantastic flavor and texture. It’s a win-win situation.
The salad is dressed with extra-virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and just a touch of sweetener. It’s a simple and delicious dressing that works perfectly here.
Customize your Quinoa Salad
There are a few tweaks and customizations you could add here that I think would be amazing! As written, this is a vegan quinoa salad, but it doesn’t have to be. Use this recipe as your baseline, and then have fun and make it your own. Here are some ideas:
- Quinoa Salad with Avocado
- Quinoa Salad with Chicken (make it a meal in itself!)
- Quinoa Salad with dried cranberries
- Quinoa Salad with feta or goat cheese
See how just a little addition can change the salad up? Have fun!
I really think you’re going to love all the flavors and textures in this quinoa salad recipe. I hope you try it soon!
How to Make Quinoa Salad
This video shows you just how easy it is to whip this up!
Quinoa Salad Recipe
This is a fresh, bright, and healthy quinoa salad recipe that is wonderful for meal prep lunches or a potluck!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
For the Quinoa Salad
- 3 cups cooked quinoa *
- 1 large seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch of mint**, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Dressing
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients from the “for the quinoa salad” portion of the recipe.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over the quinoa salad and toss to evenly coat. Enjoy!
*1 cup dry quinoa yields approximately 3 cups cooked quinoa
**I used one entire small package of mint, which was just under an ounce.
- Calories: 384
- Sugar: 4.6 grams
- Fat: 29 grams
- Carbohydrates: 25.5
- Protein: 6.6 grams
If you make this Quinoa Salad recipe, or any Happy Healthy Mama recipe, I would LOVE to see it! Please take a pic and share it on Instagram or the Happy Healthy Mama Facebook page and tag me @happyhealthymama and hashtag it with #happyhealthymama?
Also, if you try this recipe, would you mind rating the recipe with stars when you leave a comment? It’s VERY helpful for me and other readers if the recipes have ratings and reviews. I appreciate you!