This Healthy Banana Split Breakfast Bowl is a super fun breakfast both kids and adults love! It’s super delicious, and comes together in just 5 minutes!
It wouldn’t be summer without banana splits am I right?! They’re a super fun and yummy dessert loved by kids and adults. Sadly, all the ice cream and sugary toppings can leave me feeling weighed down. Thankfully, I came up with this Healthy Banana Split Breakfast Bowl recipe. It’s like having dessert for breakfast!
These Banana Split Breakfast Bowls are the whole package. They’re filled with nutrients, will satisfy your sweet cravings, and only take 5 minutes to make! Your kids are going to be asking you to make these over and over again. I think you’ll be wanting them just as much as they do 😉
- Banana– It wouldn’t be a banana split without a banana! They also contain a lot of potassium, magnesium, fiber, and vitamins.
- Plain Greek Yogurt– Greek yogurt contains a lot of protein and antibiotics.
- Maple Syrup– Maple syrup gives this Healthy Banana Split Breakfast Bowl the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract– Use pure vanilla extract for the best results. It enhances the flavors beautifully.
- Strawberries– Strawberries are rich in antioxidants, and are a great source of vitamin C. They taste delicious with the other ingredients.
- Granola– I like to use Chocolate Chia Granola. You can also use Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Granola, or any store-bought kind.
How to make this Healthy Banana Split Breakfast Bowl
- Slice the banana length wise and place it in a bowl.
- Whisk the yogurt, vanilla, and maple syrup together in a separate, small bowl.
- Top the Banana with the yogurt, strawberry slices, and granola. Enjoy!
Healthy Banana Split Breakfast Bowl FAQS
Can I use substitute honey for the maple syrup?
Yes! Maple syrup has a thinner consistency than honey which mixes easier with the yogurt in my opinion. Honey would still provide the perfect amount of sweetness, it would just be a different sweet flavor than maple syrup.
What kind of granola should I use?
Can I use other fruit toppings?
Of course! Banana splits usually contain pineapple topping, and I think pineapple chunks would be a delicious addition. Any other berries would taste great too.
Do I have to use plain Greek yogurt?
I recommend using the plain kind because you can add your own sweetener/flavor to it. In this recipe, I used maple syrup and vanilla extract. If you buy Greek yogurt that’s already sweetened, it usually contains a lot more sugar, but you can use that if that’s what you prefer.
Do I have to sweeten the yogurt?
No! Greek yogurt is not sweet on its own, but with the addition of fruit and granola, you could do without the maple syrup and vanilla if you would like!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating below! It’s so helpful for other readers to see which recipes are tried and true! I’d also love to see it–share your photo of this dish and tag me on Instagram, and I’ll feature you!Print