For years I’ve had a go-to snack that satisfies my sweet tooth: a date stuffed with peanut butter. (Or almond butter or sunflower seed butter when I was breastfeeding Luke and he had multiple protein intolerances.) If you’ve not tried that tasty little combination, you must.
But now I’m presenting you with a new obsession: CHOCOLATE-COVERED PEANUT BUTTER STUFFED DATES. 100% worthy of the all caps computer yelling. This is next-level good and I can’t believe I didn’t think to try this sooner.
It’s like you’re eating a mini candy bar. Except with good-for-you ingredients. I even used stevia-sweetened chocolate chips, so this is a no-added-sugar dessert. Yep, I called it a dessert. The healthiest, most delicious little dessert package ever.
The best part about these Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates (wow-that’s a mouthful!) is they’re SO easy to make. You need three ingredients and a few minutes and you’ll have a batch ready to go. Let me show you.
Recipe Ingredients-What You Need
So simple! You’ll want to keep these three ingredients on hand all the time so you can make these on the regular. Trust me.
How to Make Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates
- Use a knife to cut a length-wise slits in the dates.
- Fill the opening with peanut butter.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips. To do so, either heat them over a double boiler on the stove until they appear soft. Remove from heat and stir them to melt completely. Alternatively, microwave them in a glass bowl for 1 minute, then stir, and microwave in 20 second increments until they appear soft and you can stir them to melt completely.
- Use a toothpick or a fork to dip the dates into the melted chocolate. Place the chocolate covered dates on a baking sheet that’s lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place the chocolate covered dates in the freezer until the chocolate is firm, at least 20 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. These can also be stored in the freezer.
- Any nut or seed butter can be substituted. We like chunky peanut butter, but smooth works, too!
- We prefer Deglet Noor Dates for this recipe.
I hope I’ve convinced you to give these a try. They are so simple it’s embarrassing, but you’ll find yourself so satisfied when you need a sweet treat. If you do try them, please do me a solid by leaving a star rating below. It not only helps other readers see if a recipe is tried and true, but also helps my recipes get found! I appreciate you.
If you like these, you’ll LOVE my Chocolate Covered Blueberries. Another easy, healthy treat!Print