Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates
Stuff your dates with peanut butter and dip them in chocolate and you’ve got the tastiest healthy dessert ready in minutes!
- Author: Maryea Flaherty of Happy Healthy Mama
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes (chill)
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 30 dates 1x
- Category: desserts
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- Use a knife to cut a length-wise slits in the dates.
- Fill the opening with peanut butter.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips. To do so, either heat them over a double boiler on the stove until they appear soft. Remove from heat and stir them to melt completely. Alternatively, microwave them in a glass bowl for 1 minute, then stir, and microwave in 20 second increments until they appear soft and you can stir them to melt completely.
- Use a toothpick or a fork to dip the dates into the melted chocolate. Place the chocolate covered dates on a baking sheet that’s lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place the chocolate covered dates in the freezer until the chocolate is firm, at least 20 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. These can also be stored in the freezer.
- Any nut or seed butter can be substituted. We like chunky peanut butter, but smooth works, too!
- We prefer Deglet Noor Dates for this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 date
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 16 grams (0 added)
- Fat: 3.6 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 grams
- Carbohydrates: 23 grams
- Fiber: 4.1 grams
- Protein: 1.5 grams
Keywords: chocolate covered peanut butter stuffed date