Chocolate Covered Blueberries are a sweet, healthy, and taste like an indulgent treat. Super easy, and you only need 3 ingredients to make these! They are plump, juicy, and coated in dark chocolate. Two foods I love are blueberries and chocolate! So, why not put them together and end up with a delicious snack and healthy treat? Blueberries and dark chocolate are both filled with antioxidants, making this a powerhouse dessert for the anti-inflammatory diet.
It doesn’t matter if you just love the flavors of blueberries and chocolate or are trying to clean up your eating; these are for you! Because all of the ingredients are clean and not filled with added sugars, it’s ideal for most diets and lifestyles.
The best part about this Chocolate-Covered Blueberries recipe is how EASY it is. Seriously, you’ll never want to mess with chocolate-covered strawberries again.
Don’t believe me? Try it and see for yourself! Check out my process photos below to see just how simple this recipe is!
If you love blueberries, don’t miss out on my Healthy Peach Blueberry Crisp.
1. Blueberries – Using fresh blueberries is the key to having the most vibrant flavor & texture. Frozen blueberries are too wet and will react weird with the chocolate; I don’t recommend trying it. Big, ripe blueberries work best here.
2. Dark Chocolate – To have a super rich flavor, with no added sugar use dark chocolate chips that are sweetened with stevia. (affiliate link) Using stevia sweetened chocolate means this recipe has no added sugar and is great for snacking or dessert!
3. Coconut Oil – Using coconut oil will make the chocolate smooth, and it will coat the blueberries much easier.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE COVERED BLUEBERRIES
1. Wash and dry the fresh blueberries.
2. Melt the chocolate chips with the coconut oil using a double boiler or a microwave.
3. Pour the blueberries into the bowl of chocolate and stir well until they are all coated.
4. Use a spoon to drop the blueberries onto a parchment-lined baking sheet in clusters.
5. Place the baking sheet in the freezer until the chocolate covered blueberries are firm.
- It’s vital that you dry the blueberries well. Any moisture is going to seize the chocolate, and you probably aren’t going to like the results.
- You can sprinkle chopped nuts or coconut on top of the blueberries before they set up if you want. This adds some extra flavor and nutrients too.
- You can melt sugar-free white chocolate and drizzle it on the blueberries too. They will look pretty!
- When the chocolate chips are almost melted, just continue to stir them instead of heating longer. They will melt, and you won’t have to worry about overheating them.
FAQS ABOUT CHOCOLATE COVERED BLUEBERRIES
CAN I USE DIFFERENT KINDS OF BERRIES?
You can, but the point of this recipe is how easy it is to stir the blueberries in the chocolate and scoop them onto the tray with the same spoon. Other berries like raspberries won’t hold up well to using this method.
HOW DO I STORE CHOCOLATE BLUEBERRIES
You will need to keep them refrigerated and in a sealed container. They will last 5-7 days in the fridge. Be sure you keep them on ice if they are going to be sitting out for very long at any point. This will prevent the chocolate from melting. While most chocolate doesn’t do well in the fridge, that isn’t the case with this recipe.
CAN I USE DIFFERENT CHOCOLATE?
Yep, if you want to use something other than stevia sweetened chocolate chips, that’s fine. We try to eat fairly clean and limit our sugar intake a lot. You can use any chocolate that you like, including white chocolate. You can even use full-sugar chocolate if you want; just keep in mind this will change the nutritional content of the recipe. Be sure to let us know what you try out, so we can give it a try too.
IS THIS RECIPE GLUTEN-FREE?
Yes, it sure is! All of the ingredients are naturally gluten-free, so you don’t have to worry about shopping for something special.
ARE CHOCOLATE COVERED BERRIES HEALTHY?
Yes, these dark chocolate covered berries are healthy. They are filled with antioxidants, iron, magnesium, vitamin C, fiber, and so much more. This is a dessert or snack you can feel good and confident about eating. Plus, even your kids will devour them.
Looking to start your day, right? Check out my Skinny Blueberry Lemon Smoothie; it’s beyond delicious. Or, if you are in the mood for more chocolate, be sure to try this Vegan Chocolate Pie; it’s a velvety dream.
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating below! It’s so helpful for other readers to see which recipes are tried and true! I’d also love to see it–share your photo of this dish and tag me on Instagram, and I’ll feature you!Print