Everyone over here is all recovered and I was finally able to get back in the kitchen. What came out was pretty darn delicious. I had a hard time coming up for a name for these little guys, but whatever you call them, these Nutty Cups are an amazing snack. A cross between a granola bar and an cookie, you will definitely think you are eating a treat, except all of the ingredients are healthy and nourishing. Healthy snacks are so important for toddlers, growing kids, and adults, and believe me, everyone will like these in your family.Print
Toddler Eats: No Bake Nutty Cups
Healthy snacks for toddlers
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 14 cups 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey (preferably raw)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place 14 muffin liners on a tray that will fit in your freezer. Put all ingredients in a bowl and stir, stir, stir, until you have a big gooey ball. Drop by heaping tablespoon into muffin liners. Freeze at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 17g
- Fat: 7g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 4.3g
Keywords: kid friendly snacks
We prefer these stored in the freezer, but if you want them a little softer for a younger toddler, just put them in the fridge after the initial freezing period. You could also just pull one out from the freezer a few minutes before you are going to serve it, because they do start to thaw out fairly quickly.
Because these are addicting, I decided to put this recipe in my Mac Gourmet program to check the nutritional content and see how many calories I was eating each time I popped one in my mouth.
Here’s what I found:
Total Fat: 7 grams
Fiber: 1.7 grams
Protein: 4.3 grams
Sugars: 17 grams
Although the sugars are a bit high (from the honey and raisins), the fat and protein will help balance it out and prevent a huge spike in blood sugar. They are nice and filling so one will keep you full between meals.