This Vegan Spring Rolls Recipe with Thai Peanut Sauce is fresh, flavorful, and undoubtedly your new favorite dish! Creamy avocado, crisp zucchini, and other veggies give you lots of nutrients too.
You can seriously whip these vegan spring rolls up in just 15 minutes…YES PLEASE! Whether you are serving them as the main course or they are a tasty appetizer, the Thai flavors will have your taste buds doing a happy dance.
Oh, and the Thai peanut sauce is seriously good enough you will want to lick your plate to get every drop of its goodness. Okay, maybe you won’t like the plate, but I know you are going to love it!
- Spring Roll Wrappers – Hit the Asian section of your local grocery store or go to an Asian supermarket to snag some. They are essential to give you the ultimate results.
- Zucchini – If you want these spring rolls to pack a punch of healthy nutrients, don’t skip the zucchini! It’s filled with vitamin C, folate, vitamin B6, potassium, and so much more.
- Peppers – While they add a sweet touch to the spring rolls, they are so good for you. Peppers have iron, vitamin C, folate, and fiber.
- Romain Hearts – To give the rolls a vibrant color, adding some romaine hearts is a must. It helps that they are also an excellent source of magnesium, potassium, vitamin c, folate, and phosphorous too.
- Avocado – You’ll need to slice the avocado thin so that the spring roll will wrap properly. Filled with vitamin K, potassium, vitamin C, and folate, what’s not to love about adding fresh avocado?
- Spinach – An excellent source of so many nutrients! Vitamin C, folic acid, potassium, magnesium, and so much more!
- Chives – I love the extra flavor that the chives add to the vegan spring rolls. You could also swap them for green onions if you wanted to.
- Thai Peanut Sauce – You’ll need a combination of water, peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, maple syrup, and hot sauce to achieve this finger-licking good sauce!
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN SPRING ROLLS
Making this Vegan Spring Rolls recipe is seriously so easy. Here’s what you need to do!
1. Wash all of the veggies and slice them into thin strips except for the spinach and romaine lettuce. The chives can be sliced into thin pieces as well. Tear the romaine lettuce into 3-4 inch pieces and rinse the spinach.
2. Place some warm water on a large dinner plate or in the bottom of a flat bowl. Soak the spring rolls briefly in warm water and put them on a cutting board.
3. Place a piece of romaine lettuce in the center of a spring roll and add the rest of the veggies. Make the pile 3-4 inches long and 1 inch wide, neatly in the center of the wrap. Repeat the process until all the rolls have been filled.
4. Turn the sides of the wrapper over the vegetables about 1 inch in. Then fold 1/2 of the wrapper from the other end and roll the veggies towards the remaining spring roll wrap. Serve on a tray or plate.
5. Prepare the peanut sauce by adding the water, peanut butter, soy sauce, hot sauce, maple syrup, ginger, garlic, and rice vinegar in a bowl or blender.
6. Blend in a blender or with an immersion blender for 30 seconds or until it’s smooth.
7. Drizzle over the spring rolls or serve in a bowl. Enjoy!
VEGAN SPRING ROLLS RECIPE FAQS
ARE SPRING ROLLS SPICY?
These spring rolls aren’t spicy, but the peanut butter sauce does have a little kick of heat from the hot sauce. If you don’t want any spiciness, you can leave out the hot sauce. Or, to make them spicier, add in some extra.
CAN I ADD FRESH HERBS?
Absolutely! If you want some fresh herbs in your spring roll, go for it! Basil, cilantro, oregano, parsley, or mint would all be good choices. Just pick something you like on its own.
HOW LONG DO I WET THE WRAPPERS?
The wrappers are quite brittle and stiff when in the package. Only a quick dip in warm water is all you need. At first, they will be still somewhat stiff but by the time you place the vegetables in them they soften up quickly and are easier to roll when they are still half way firm.
CAN I MAKE THIS RECIPE WITHOUT THE SPRING ROLLS?
Yep! It’s fine to make a deconstructed spring roll by adding all the ingredients to a bowl. Then drizzle with the peanut sauce and dig in. You get all the nutrients without messing with the spring roll wrappers.
ARE SPRING ROLL WRAPPERS GLUTEN FREE?
It depends on what you use. Reach for the rice spring roll wrappers for gluten-free. The ones with wheat naturally have gluten, so you aren’t going to want to use them if you’re avoiding gluten.
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating below! It’s so helpful for other readers to see which recipes are tried and true! I’d also love to see it–share your photo of this dish and tag me on Instagram, and I’ll feature you!Print
Vegan Spring Rolls
These tasty spring rolls are easy to do and have an amazing peanut Thai sauce to accompany it. Made with fresh vegetables, this is a completely vegan recipe. The sauce can be used on salads and other recipes that call for this flavor profile.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: recipes
- Method: prep
- Cuisine: thai
- Diet: Vegan
- 6 Spring roll wrappers
- 1 Medium zucchini (sliced)
- ½ Red Pepper (sliced thin)
- 2–3 Small sweet peppers
- 3 Romain hearts (torn in 3–4-inch pieces)
- ½ Avocado Peeled and sliced thin
- ½ Cup carrots (shredded)
- ¼ Cup spinach
- 2 Chives (sliced thin)
For the Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/3 Cup water
- ½ Cup Peanut butter (smooth)
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 1 Teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 Teaspoon maple syrup (or honey)
- ½ Teaspoon Red’s hot sauce (or siracha sauce)
For the Spring Rolls
- Wash and rinse all of the vegetables and slice into thin strips except for the spinach and the romaine lettuce. The chives can be sliced in small thin pieces. For the romaine lettuce tear off 3-4 inch pieces. For the spinach simply rinse.
- Add some warm water to large dinner place or flat bottom bowl. Briefly soak spring roll wrapper in the warm water and place on a cutting board or large plate.
- Add a piece of romaine lettuce in the center of the wrap, followed by the rest of the vegetables in desired amounts. The pile should be about 3-4 inches long and about an inch thick and wide. Place pile neatly in the center of the wrap.
- First turn sides of wrapper over the vegetables about 1 inch in. Then fold over ½ of the wrapper from either end, and finish by rolling the vegetable pile towards the remaining spring roll wrap. Place on a serving tray or plate.
For the Peanut Sauce
- In a blender or if using an immersion blender use a medium to large mixing bowl and add all of the ingredients for the peanut sauce.
- Blend well for about 30 seconds until all ingredients are smooth.
- Serve Thai peanut sauce over the spring rolls or place in dipping bowls. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 236
- Sugar: 5 grams
- Fat: 14.8 grams
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10 grams
- Fiber: 2.3 grams
- Protein: 7.5 grams
Keywords: vegan spring rolls recipe