This Hummus Veggie Wrap makes a filling and satisfying meal and you’ll crave it!
It all started with a visit to the Tropical Smoothie Café. My daughter Meghan has dance class after school everyday and some days there isn’t time to go home, so we stop somewhere for a snack.
On one such day, I accidentally worked through lunch and was hangry. I ordered a Hummus Veggie Wrap and thought it was one of the best things I’d ever eaten.
But of course, I was HANGRY, and most things taste better than they actually are when I’m in such a state.
I really couldn’t stop thinking about that Hummus Veggie Wrap, though. Next time I had the chance, I ordered it again at Tropical Smoothie Café.
Dang. Even without the too-hungry situation, I was smitten with the Hummus Veggie Wrap.
I knew I had to recreate that goodness at home.
So I did.
And now I’m bringing it to you.
I hope you love this make-at-home version of the Hummus Veggie Wrap as much as I do.
Here’s how you make it!
How to Make a Veggie Hummus Wrap
Sauté some red onion, garlic, kale, and asparagus pieces. Then add corn, black beans, and cooked rice until everything is warm.
Transfer the vegetable mixture to a bowl and wipe out the pan. Add some shredded cheese to the mixture.
Mash an avocado in a bowl and add some lemon juice. Spread some of the mashed avocado on a tortilla.
Spread hummus on top of the mashed avocado.
Top the avocado hummus deliciousness with some of your veggie mixture.
Now you’re ready to wrap it up. Fold the sides over like this:
This will help keep everything inside of the tortilla. Then, you fold up the opposite sides like this:
Once it’s wrapped up, you’re ready to put it back into the dry pan. Heat it over medium heat until both sides are lightly browned and slightly crisp. SO GOOD.
Here’s the printable recipe for ya!Print
Hummus Veggie Wrap
This Hummus Veggie Wrap is filled with goodness and amazing flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 wraps 1x
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 asparagus spears, but into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 avocado
- 2/3 cup hummus
- 4 flour tortillas (see notes)
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the kale, onion, asparagus, and garlic and sauté until the kale is bright green and the onion and asparagus are softened, about 7 minutes.
- Add the beans, corn, and rice to the skillet and season well with salt and pepper and add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Stir to combine and continue to cook until everything is hot, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to a bowl and wipe out the pan. Add the shredded cheese to the bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado and add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Divide the mashed avocado evenly among the tortillas and spread it in a thin layer and then do the same with the hummus. Top each tortilla with an equal portion of the veggie mixture. Fold the tortillas’ sides up and then the second sides to contain the filling. (See pictures in blog post)
- Reheat the dry pan and heat each wrap until it is lightly browned and slightly crispy on both sides. Enjoy!
I used these 7 inch low carb tortillas*. If you use the large size, it will make 2 wraps instead of 4.
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 410
- Sugar: 5 grams
- Fat: 21.75 grams
- Carbohydrates: 48.7 grams
- Protein: 16 grams
If you love vegetarian lunches, you might also like this Buffalo Chickpea Salad Sandwich. Another good one!
If you make this Hummus Veggie Wrap recipe, or any Happy Healthy Mama recipe, I would LOVE to see it! Please take a pic and share it on Instagram or the Happy Healthy Mama Facebook page and tag me @happyhealthymama ?
Also, if you try this recipe, would you mind rating the recipe with stars when you leave a comment? It’s VERY helpful for me and other readers if the recipes have ratings and reviews. I appreciate you!
If you’d like to save this recipe for later, here’s an image to save to your Pinterest recipe board!