Restaurant quality Pan Fried Salmon is easily be made at home with minimal effort. Every taste of this salmon is bursting with hints of garlic, smoky paprika, and thyme. It’s made in just 15 minutes and is the perfect healthy meal for all occasions.
If you’ve never felt confident making salmon at home, this recipe is for you. This recipe for pan seared salmon can quickly and easily be made at home and has restaurant-quality results! Your family will be impressed you’re serving something that seems so elegant on a busy weeknight!
The skin gets crispy, and the center is flaky and delicious. If you love salmon, you are going to be so pleased with the results of this dish. Plus, it’s a bonus that it is straightforward too. You only need a few ingredients, and most of them are seasonings. It really doesn’t get much easier than that.
Oh, and the family LOVES this dish. They always respond with “Mmmmmm this salmon is the best.” So I keep making it this way. Close to once a week! I’d say it was high time I shared it with all of you, no?
- Salt & Pepper – It’s amazing how much flavor a little bit of salt and pepper provides! You don’t need a lot to go a long way either.
- Garlic & Onion Powder – I like to use a combination of garlic and onion powder because they compliment each other so well.
- Smoked Paprika – Any variety of paprika would work, but I really enjoy the smoky flavor with the salmon best.
- Thyme – You’ll only need 1/2 teaspoon, and it’s the perfect amount.
- Butter – You can also use avocado oil instead if you are eating dairy-free.
- Salmon Filets – Salmon, is a powerhouse of nutrients and a great source of protein, potassium, vitamin E, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants.
HOW TO MAKE PAN FRIED SALMON
1. Combine the thyme, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
2. Try off each of the salmon filets using a towel. Then sprinkle the seasonings on each one.
3. Melt the butter over medium-high heat. Place the salmon in the skillet with the skin facing up.
4. Cook the salmon for around 4 minutes, then turn it over with a spatula. Cook the salmon until it’s firm when touched and the skin is golden and crispy about 3 additional minutes. Enjoy!
FAQS ABOUT PAN FRIED SALMON
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN PAN FRIED SALMON IS DONE?
The easiest way to test to see if the salmon is finished cooking is by touching it gently. You can use a fork or your finger to press on it. It should feel firm and flake apart slightly as you put gentle pressure on it.
Additionally, you can check the temperature of the filets with a meat thermometer. They should reach 145 degrees F. If you are cooking for a crowd and working in batches, remove the salmon at 140 degrees and place it someplace warm (like an oven) until you are ready to serve. It will finish heating as it rests.
Whatever you do, you shouldn’t overcook the salmon. When overcooked, it will be dry and not give you a very good experience. However, when it’s cooked properly, it lends a juicy and amazing dish that fish-lovers will rejoice over.
HOW DO YOU STORE LEFTOVER SALMON?
If you don’t eat all the salmon, you can easily save the leftovers to enjoy later. Wrap up each filet with tin foil or plastic wrap. Then place them inside an airtight container. The salmon will last for 3-4 days in the fridge.
CAN YOU REHEAT COOKED SALMON?
Yep! The key to warming salmon is not to do it too quickly. Otherwise, it’s going to be dry and not juicy like when it’s fresh.
It’s best to reheat it in the oven at 275 degrees. Place it on a baking sheet and cook for 10-15 minutes or until it’s hot.
If reheating in the oven isn’t an option, the next best idea is the microwave. Turn down the power on the microwave to 50%. Then you should heat the salmon 30 seconds at a time and check it. If it’s not hot, repeat the process.
Another idea if you have leftovers is to try this Salmon Salad Recipe!
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH SALMON?
The options are endless because so many foods go with salmon. Here are some of our favorite ideas.
- Perfect Rice Pilaf with Vegetables-This is what is pictured here with the salmon. A family favorite side dish!
- Roasted Vegetables – Any kind of roasted vegetables will go well with this pan seared salmon recipe. Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan is one of our favorites.
- Potatoes – There is nothing more delicious than some potatoes to finish a meal. Any potato recipe would work, but these Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes are incredible.
- Zucchini Gratin-If you’re making this salmon recipe in the summer months, this is the perfect recipe to go with it!
- Salad – It’s hard to beat a salad filled with lots of fresh vegetables.
- Asparagus – Not only does it taste good and make the best side dish, but it’s also filled with potassium, fiber, folic acid, and more.
- Lemon – Cut slices or wedges to serve with the salmon. Fish goes so well with the zesty flavor of lemons it’s hard to resist. It’s amazing how a little lemon juice enhances the way it tastes.
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating below! It’s so helpful for other readers to see which recipes are tried and true! I’d also love to see it–share your photo of this dish and tag me on Instagram, and I’ll feature you!Print
Pan Fried Salmon
This pan-fried salmon is the easiest and most flavorful salmon dinner you’ll ever make!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: recipes
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter (or avocado oil for dairy-free)
- 4 (skin on) 5-ounce salmon filets
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder onion powder, smoked paprika, and thyme.
- Dry the salmon filets with a towel. Sprinkle the seasoning blend on each salmon filet.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the salmon to the skillet, skin side up.
- Cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Turn the fish with a spatula and cook until it is firm to the touch and the skin is crispy, about 3 minutes more. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 filet
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 0.1 grams
- Fat: 14.2 grams
- Saturated Fat: 7.6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 0.9 grams
- Fiber: 0.3 grams
- Protein: 12.9 grams
Keywords: pan fried salmon