This Salmon Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto is a quick, easy, and healthy weeknight dinner!
This post is sponsored by Blue Circle Foods. All opinions are, as always, my own.
I am always looking for ways to get my kids eating more brain-healthy, heart-healthy fish, so I’m super excited to share today’s recipe with you! Not only is the Salmon Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato Pasta a quick, 20-minute dinner, it’s also nutrient dense with antioxidant and omega-3-fatty-acid-loaded salmon.
The salmon that I used for this recipe is a new product from Blue Circle Foods, Happy Fish. When my son Luke saw the salmon, he was so excited and loved the cute fish shape.
“It’s salmon shaped like salmon!” he declared.
This frozen product is not like other fish sticks you’ll find in the freezer section of your grocery store. It’s made with only sustainably-raised Norwegian Arctic Salmon, sea salt, and white pepper. No breading, no preservatives, no filler, no additives.
Happy Fish is sourced from a third-generation Norwegian family farm that is dedicated to protecting the world’s oceans through sustainable aquaculture. There are no antibiotics used, no added hormones, no GMOs or synthetic dyes—ever. It is so quick and easy to prepare Happy Fish. You cook in from frozen in four minutes or less! You can pan fry it with a little oil for 2 minutes per side, put it on the grill, or add it to boiling water for four minutes.
In this Salmon Pasta recipe, I simply add it to the pasta water for the last four minutes. So simple! The sun-dried tomato pesto makes a great flavor booster for the pasta and fish and is perfect for my kids who don’t like their pasta “too saucy.” You can make your own sun-dried tomato pesto (sun-dried tomato pesto recipe here) or simply buy a jar at the grocery store.
You’ll want to add this quick and easy Salmon Pasta recipe into your weeknight rotation. Your family will love it and it couldn’t be easier on you, mama!
How to Make Salmon Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato PestoPrint
Salmon Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
This Salmon Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato Pasta is a kid-friendly, quick, easy, and healthy dinner idea!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: recipes
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: american
- 13.25 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 package Happy Fish salmon from Blue Circle Foods
- 6.7 ounces Sun-dried tomato pesto, homemade or store bought
- In a large pan of salted water, bring the spaghetti to a boil. Cook according to package directions until there are four minutes left of cooking time.
- When there are four minutes left of cooking time, remove and reserve 1/4 cup of the salted cooking water. Add in the Happy Fish salmon and continue to cook for the remaining four minutes.
- Drain the water from the pasta and fish. Carefully stir in the sun-dried tomato pesto. If the pasta is too dry, add a touch of the reserved pasta water. Enjoy!
- Calories: 409
- Sugar: 1.2 grams
- Fat: 11.4 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 grams
- Carbohydrates: 45.8 grams
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Protein: 34 grams
Keywords: salmon pasta
You might also love this Bowtie Pasta Salad with Italian dressing!