These Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Blossoms are a classic cookie to make for the holidays!
There’s only 5 more days until Christmas. The countdown is ON. I hope the only things you have left to do are make Christmas cookies. That’s all I have left. ——>Yeah, right.
In reality, I sitll have a pretty long to-do list before the big day. But that’s okay. As long as I have a few of these Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Blossoms to nibble on, I’ll be okay.
The good news is, these aren’t going to take too much of our time. Unwrapping the kisses is probably the hardest part.
These are very similar to classic Peanut Butter Blossoms, but I substituted a gluten-free flour blend. I like this one from Bob’s Red Mill, but I’m sure others will work as well. If you don’t need these to be gluten-free, go ahead and use regular flour. Before I get into more details, I know nobody has time for long explanations or stories this time of year, so let’s just jump straight to the recipe, shall we? ENJOY, friends!Print
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
Gluten-free Peanut Butter Blossoms–your favorite holiday cookie just got a gluten-free makeover! Just like the classic, only gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minute
- Yield: 2 dozen cookies 1x
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Remove wrappers from chocolate.
- Beat the shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl until well-blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and the coconut sugar and beat again until fluffy.
- Add the egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the extra granulated sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Take the cookies from the oven and immediately place an unwrapped chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie. The cookie will crack around the edges. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
*I prefer this kind of organic shortening that doesn’t have hydrogenated oils.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
If you make this Gluten-free Peanut Butter Blossoms recipe, or any Happy Healthy Mama recipe, I would LOVE to see it! Please take a pic and share it on Instagram or the Happy Healthy Mama Facebook page and tag me @happyhealthymama ?
Also, if you try it, would you mind rating the recipe? It’s VERY helpful for me and other readers if the recipes have ratings and reviews. I appreciate you!
If you’d like to save this recipe for later, here’s an image to save to your Pinterest recipe board!
Links to products are affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Happy Healthy Mama!