Make the BEST Veggie Sandwich of your life with this simple recipe!How many of you have gone to a fancy deli and thought, “Really? $10 for a Veggie Sandwich?!”
But you’re there and you’re hungry so you order it.
Then you eat it and realize there’s some veggie magic going on and you’d happily pay $15.
Well, you can create the same veggie magic at home for a lot less money. Let’s bring fancy-deli-worthy veggie sandwiches to our own kitchens.
What do you need to create such vegetable magic? Just a little flavor. Plain veggies won’t cut it. In this case, we’re using the flavor bomb that’s known as Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto.
I’ve been using this pesto on all the things (it’s amazing on this Salmon Pasta!) and it just adds that little somethin’ that elevates any dish. Or in this case, any Veggie Sandwich.
Roasted vegetables are the bomb.com in veggie sandwiches, so that’s what I use here.Is bomb.com totally 2015? Does anyone still say that?? I’m 40 now, so I guess that means I have to continue to use phrases when they are considered passé by the masses. It’s a benefit of getting older. You don’t care!
How to Make the Best Veggie SandwichPrint
The Best Veggie Sandwich
The BEST Veggie Sandwich is made with roasted vegetables and sun-dried tomato pesto.
- Prep Time: 6 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 31 minutes
- Yield: 2 sandwiches 1x
- Category: recipes
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: american
- 2 zucchinis, ends removed, sliced in half width-wise, and then sliced length-wise
- 2 red bell peppers, ends*, seeds, and ribs removed,and cut into flat pieces
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or oil of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large slices sour dough bread
- butter or oil
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto, homemade or store bought
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the vegetables on a baking sheet and brush them with oil on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until tender and starting to brown, turning the vegetables over half way through the cooking time.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Butter or oil the outside of the slices of bread. Spread 2 tablespoon sun-dried tomato pesto on two of the slices. Stack the vegetables on top of the pesto-covered slices, and then top with the remaining two slices of bread. (the butter should be on the outside of the bread)
- Heat the sandwich in the skillet until the bread is toasted and brown, about 3 minutes per side. Enjoy!
*save the ends for another use
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 504
- Sugar: 10 grams
- Fat: 27.3 grams
- Saturated Fat: 6.3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 54 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
Keywords: the best veggie sandwich