These Keto Peanut Butter Cookies are the easiest cookies to make ever with just a few simple ingredients and one bowl! When you’re craving something sweet right NOW…you can have these ready to eat in about 20 minutes.
These tasty little cookies are going to make you so very happy. They are SO simple to make and are a healthy way to satisfy that sweet tooth. They are sugar free, gluten free, low carb, and vegan. Despite all that, they don’t taste like cardboard. I promise. I think you’re going to want to make these today.
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients
- These are sweetened with Golden Monkfruit Sweetener. I love the deep flavor the golden variety adds. You can use Classic Monkfruit Sweetener or Swerve sweetener as well. Swerve will make them a little less sweet than the Monkfruit Sweetener. All of these choices are natural, sugar-free alternatives to regular sugar that work great for low sugar, low carb, and keto baking.
- I use natural, salted, creamy peanut butter for these. The only ingredients should be peanuts and salt. Drippy peanut butter is good and what you want for these.
- In place of an egg, I use a “flax egg.” 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal is combined with 3 tablespoons water and allowed to sit until it gels. If you have no need or desire for these to be vegan, you can use one large egg.
- Pure vanilla extract enhances the flavor.
- For the dipped chocolate portion, I used Lily’s Stevia Sweetened Chocolate Chips to keep these sugar free. Semi-sweet or dark with work. I melt the chocolate with some coconut oil.
Will These Cookies Work for my Special Diet?
These Keto Peanut Butter Cookies are good for a number of special diets, including:
- Keto Diet
- Low Carb Diet
- Vegan, Plant-Based Diet
- Gluten Free Diet
- Low Sugar Diet
- For an Anti-Inflammatory Diet, use almond butter in place of the peanut butter
How to Make Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
I’m so excited to show you just how easy these are!
- Combine your ground flaxseed meal and water in a medium bowl and allow it to gel. This will take a few minutes.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients you to the bowl and mix them together until you have a thick dough.
3. Roll the dough in to small balls, about 1-inch in size.
4. Place the dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Use a fork to press down the dough in a criss-cross pattern.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. You don’t want to to overbake these. They will seem slightly undercooked when you pull them out, but they will dry out if you bake them too long.
6. While your cookies are baking, you can prepare the chocolate for dipping. Set up a double boiler. Simmer water in a sauce pan, and place a glass bowl with the chocolate chips and coconut oil on top of the pan. Make sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl. When the chocolate looks almost all the way melted, take it away from the heat and stir to complete the melting process. Transfer the melted chocolate to a small bowl for easier dipping.
7. When the cookies are finished baking, allow them to cool completely on the baking tray that you place on top of a cooling rack.
8. Once the cookies are cooled, dip a side of them in the melted chocolate and place on a piece of wax or parchment paper to cool.
Baking Tips for the Best Cookies
- Do not overbake your cookies. They will seem very soft when you remove them from the oven, but they will firm as they cool.
- As written, this recipe makes small cookies. I love this for built-in portion control. If you’d like larger cookies, increase the baking time by 1-2 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before trying to dip them in the chocolate. They will firm up and hold together when they cool, but if you try to pick them up when they are hot, they will fall apart.
- Make sure to use natural peanut butter that does’t have oil added as an emulsifier or any added sugar. Peanuts and salt should be the only ingredients.
Are you as excited as I am about these delicious little cookies? If you try them, please come back and leave a star rating and review. It helps other readers so much!
If you love healthy cookies, you might also want to try these Loaded Oatmeal Cookies or these Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Another fun option are these Chocolate Covered Blueberries. Let me know if you try any of these!Print
Please note that links to products are affiliate links. Thank you!