This Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal is easy to make in one bowl and is a comforting, healthy breakfast for fall and winter!
Is there anything better than a warm, sweet, cinnamon-y, hearty breakfast when the temperatures outside cool off? I think not. Baked oatmeal is about as good as it gets.
I have two other recipes for baked oatmeal on my site, but you can’t have too many healthy and delicious breakfast recipes, wouldn’t you agree? This one is specked with fresh apple pieces, cinnamon and maple syrup flavor, and the ultimate thick creaminess only baked oatmeal can give you.
I wanted this to be my heartiest baked oatmeal recipe yet, so I amped it up with extra ingredients baked in the same size pan. The result was everything I was hoping for. It was hearty, creamy, rich, and a bit sweeter than my other baked oatmeal recipes. (I’ll link to those at the bottom of this post if you’re interested) I wanted to try to create a bit more of a special treat breakfast, but I think you could decrease the maple syrup some with good results.
My favorite thing about this Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal was that Luke liked it! He’s not my oatmeal kid, so I was happy that I found a combination and consistency that he liked. I think he was only convinced to try it because it smelled incredible and looks a bit like dessert. 😉 Meghan liked it, also, but she likes most oatmeal creations I make.
If you’re having company for the upcoming holidays, this would make a nice breakfast. If you decide to try it, I would love to see it! Tag me on Instagram with #happyhealthymama Let me see what you’re eating!Print
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
This Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal recipe is hearty, filling, and perfect for cold mornings!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: breakfast
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large apple, cored and diced (I did not peel)
- Optional topping: 2 tablespoons Sucunat (or regular sugar) mixed with 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8 1/2″ X 11″ baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, and salt. Add the milk, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla. Stir well. Stir in the apple.
- Pour the mixture into your casserole dish. If using, top with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
- Calories: 275
- Sugar: 20.5g
- Sodium: 400.1mg
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Protein: 8.2g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
If you love baked oatmeal as much as me, try one of these!