This Roasted Tomatoes Recipe shows you how oven roasting your tomatoes brings out their natural sweetness and makes them irresistible!
Summa summa summa time! It’s officially here!!
I’m just a liiiitle bit excited for my favorite season. Okay; I’m really excited. The best part? THE FOOD.
Summer food is just the best food. A few summers ago I grew tomatoes for the first time. I just happen to be the only person in my family who likes tomatoes. It’s so sad, isn’t it? How can a person not like tomatoes?
I had to figure out ways to eat up all the tomatoes I grew, and roasting them became a quick favorite. Roasted tomatoes are like heaven. Roasting them brings out their sweetness and concentrates the flavor. I easily eat a whole tray by myself.
Enjoying them alone can be lonely, so I knew I had to share this simple, yet incredibly tasty recipe for roasted tomatoes with you.
If you’ve never tried roasted tomatoes, stop what you’re doing and try it! I’m telling you, they are amazing. Not overusing that word; they really are.
How Long Does it Take To Roast Tomatoes in the Oven?
How long it takes to roast tomatoes in the oven depends on how much time you have. The longer you roast them the more they get that lovely caramelized color and intensified flavor. Slow roasting is nice, but if you’re in a hurry, you can crank up the heat and make the whole process faster.
I find the happy medium for best flavor without taking too long to be roasting them at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes.
Ideas for Roasted Tomatoes
I love eating roasted tomatoes alone, straight from a bowl. There are so many ways you can use them, though, so let me share some ideas for your roasted tomatoes! Keep in mind that you can use bigger or smaller tomatoes for roasting. I’ve roasted almost every kind of tomato from roma to plum to grape to heirloom!
- Toss them with pasta
- Add them to a green salad
- Add your roasted tomatoes on top of a grilled chicken breast
- Use them to make soup
- Use them as a topping for pizza, flatbread, or bruschetta
- Add a grain and some greens for a delicious vegan bowl
How to Make Oven Roasted TomatoesPrint
Roasted Tomatoes Recipe
These oven roasted tomatoes are sweet, intensely flavored, and can be used in a variety of ways!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: recipes
- Method: oven roasting
- Cuisine: American
- 2 pounds tomatoes*
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or oil of choice
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend**
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.***
- Core your tomatoes and cut them in half in the middle (around the equator, not lengthwise; see notes if you are using smaller tomatoes)
- Use your thumbs to squeeze out the seeds. Cut the tomatoes in half again.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with oil and then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning blend.
- Roast in the oven until they start to char and shrivel, about 40-50 minutes. Enjoy!
*If using smaller tomatoes, cut them in half lengthwise. You can also cut regular-sized tomatoes into smaller pieces if you prefer.
**These are equally good with just salt and pepper if you prefer.
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 6 grams
- Fat: 7.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 8.8 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
Keywords: roasted tomatoes
If you make this Roasted Tomatoes Recipe, or any Happy Healthy Mama recipe, I would LOVE to see it! Please take a pic and share it on Instagram or the Happy Healthy Mama Facebook page and tag me @happyhealthymama ?
Also, if you try it, would you mind rating the recipe with stars when you leave a comment? It’s VERY helpful for me and other readers if the recipes have ratings and reviews. I appreciate you!
If you’d like to save this recipe for later, here’s an image for your Pinterest recipe board!