This 5-minute Creamy Mango Ice Cream is made with four simple ingredients, is healthy and low in added sugar, and can be made in your Vita-mix or food processor. It’s ready instantly–no freezing time required!
Are your kids out of school yet? Both of mine are on summer break and we are in full-on summer mode over here. You know what that means. Pool days, sibling bickering, and…ice cream!
Ice cream is as much a part of summer as running bare foot through the sprinkler, sand castles on the beach, and barbecue dinners. Did you know you can make your own healthy ice cream at home in about 5 minutes?
Now, let me be clear about one thing. I let my kids have the “real stuff” when it comes to ice cream. I’m not so strict with their food intake that I ban the full-sugar dairy ice cream from the ice cream shoppe. On the other hand, I don’t let our summers be filled with those kinds of treats every day. I try to teach my kids that those are once-in-a-while foods and we reserve them for special days.
The rest of the days? We make our own healthy treats that they seem to enjoy just as much! Who needs to have the full-sugar ice cream everyday when you have a healthy alternative that can satisfy your sweet tooth and ice cream cravings?
This Creamy Mango Ice Cream is so easy to make, it’s ready nearly instantly! You just need four simple (vegan) ingredients and a high-powered blender or food processor. I use my Vitamix for this and it works perfectly and clean up is even easier! I highly recommend the Vitamix blender.
I hope your summer days are carefree, relaxing, fun, and filled with this healthy creamy mango ice cream!
- 3 cups frozen mango chunks
- ½ cup canned coconut milk (full-fat recommended)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoons agave nectar (or liquid sweetener of choice such as honey or maple syrup), to taste
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Place all ingredients in your high-powered blender or food processor.
- Process until you get a smooth and creamy mixture and there are no more mango chunks. Do not over process or it will begin to melt. If you are using a Vitamix, you will need to use your tamper stick.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I will get a portion of the sale if you purchase anything through the links. Thank you for supporting my site!