This Easy and Healthy Fruit Dessert Pizza is quick to prepare and a huge crowd pleaser!Who doesn’t love a good dessert pizza? Easy to throw together and always a crowd pleaser, you can’t really go wrong. It’s always one of my favorite treats to nosh on at a summer party.
Those dessert pizzas can be deceiving though. All that lovely fruit piled on top is trying to trick you. Normally fresh fruit dessert pizzas are made with a sugar cookie crust, some sort of cream cheese or whipped cream frosting-like layer, and then topped with the fruit. I wanted to make a healthier fruit dessert pizza without taking away the easy factor or the delicious factor. Mission accomplished.Instead of a cookie crust, I created a coconut chocolate crust with almonds and dates. Full of nutrients, I love it even more than the traditional sugar cookie crust! And it’s a no-bake crust that is ready in minutes. I used my food processor to mix the ingredients together easily. I know I always tell you this, but I don’t know what I’d do without my food processor. I use it on the daily!
Instead of cream cheese with powdered sugar or whipped cream, I used vanilla Greek yogurt for the filling. I usually just buy plain yogurt, but I figured I’d get the sweetened kind for a special treat. It tastes fabulous! I wouldn’t call this a super low-sugar dessert, but it is a healthier version of the standard dessert pizza. Believe me, though, you won’t feel deprived when you eat this!
I used fruit that happens to be perfect for the 4th of July, so if you are looking for a patriotic dessert for your 4th of July dessert table, this one should be added to your list! If you’re not using this for a 4th of July dessert, feel free to use whatever fruit you have on hand or are your family favorites. It’d be great with a lot of different kinds of fruits! Aren’t summer desserts the best?
Another great recipe for your 4th of July and Memorial Day gatherings is the Patriotic Sangria Recipe. Give it a try!Print
Easy & Healthy Fruit Dessert Pizza
This Easy and Healthy Fruit Dessert Pizza is an easy no-bake summer dessert!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 25 pieces 1x
For the Crust
- 3 cups soft pitted dates
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
For the Middle
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
For the Toppings
- strawberries, sliced
- Either oil a circular pizza pan (standard size) or line with parchment paper (I cut a circle from parchment paper to line mine). Set aside.
- In a food processor, processor the dates, almonds, coconut, and cocoa powder until broken down completely. Add the honey and almond butter and process until it comes together and forms a ball.
- Form the mixture into a ball. Using slightly wet hands, press the mixture onto the pizza pan. Use a rolling pin or your hands to press the mixture to the edges of the pan. Work the mixture so it is evenly distributed all the way to the edge of the pan.
- Put the crust in the freezer for 10 minutes. (I wash and slice my fruit during this time.)
- Use a spatula to spread the Greek yogurt on the crust.
- Top the crust with your fruit in a circular pattern as shown in the pictures. I didn’t include measurements for the fruit as you can use as little or as much as you prefer.
- Chill until ready to serve. A pizza cutter works well for slicing when you are ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/25 of recipe
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 23 grams
- Fat: 11 grams
- Carbohydrates: 29 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
Would you like to save this recipe for later? Here’s an image for you to save to your Pinterest recipe board!