These Simple Banana Muffins are healthier than traditional muffins with whole grains and less sugar, but the flavor is outstanding!
Sometimes, simple is better. There’s nothing fancy or out-of-the-box with these Banana Muffins, but this is a recipe you’ll want to make over and over again. Simple, reliable, and an instant favorite.
My husband, Tim typically isn’t a fan of banana-flavored things. He doesn’t like bananas in his smoothies and he doesn’t love everyone else’s favorite blender muffins because of the banana factor. But he does like banana bread (WHO DOESN’T?!) so I had a feeling he’d like these.
I basically forced him to try them. His first words: “Mmmmm. They’re like banana bread.”
Exactly. These Simple Banana Muffins have that amazing banana bread flavor in a lovely, light and fluffy muffin package.
I guess that’s why my banana-skeptical husband ate two of these Simple Banana Muffins inside of 10 minutes.
So many muffin recipes are pretty much glorified cupcakes, but I make these healthier by using whole grain flour and unrefined sugar (and a lot less of it!).
I hope your whole family loves these Simple Banana Muffins as much as mine has!
How to Make Simple Banana MuffinsPrint
Simple Banana Muffins
These Simple Banana Muffins are full of incredible banana flavor and are healthier than most muffins!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: recipes
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup Sucanator organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium/large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup oil*
- 1/4 cup almond milk + 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar**
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a muffin tin with silicone baking cups or paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas very well. Use a potato masher if possible and get them as smooth as you can.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the mashed bananas and whisk until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and use a spoon to stir until just combined. Do not over-mix the batter or your muffins will be dense.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins, each cup should be almost filled to the top.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes. Without opening the oven door, reduce the heat to 350 degrees. Bake for an additional 7-8 minutes at 350 degrees, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Enjoy!
*I tested this recipe with avocado oil and melted coconut oil, both worked well
**Buttermilk may be substituted
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 11.9 grams
- Fat: 10.5 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 grams
- Carbohydrates: 29.8 grams
- Fiber: 2.9 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
Keywords: banana muffins
If you make this Simple Banana Muffins Recipe, or any Happy Healthy Mama recipe, I would LOVE to see it! Please take a pic and share it on Instagram or the Happy Healthy Mama Facebook page and tag me @happyhealthymama?
Also, if you try it, would you mind rating the recipe? It’s VERY helpful for me and other readers if the recipes have ratings and reviews. I appreciate you!
Please note that links to products are affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, if you purchase through my links I will receive a small percentage of the sale price.