If you’re looking for meatless dinner ideas, you’ve got to try this vegan Cauliflower Tacos Recipe! It’s so easy to make and you can customize with your favorite toppings.
Goal: Eat more plant-based meals.
Easiest Way to Achieve Goal: Eat more tacos.
Who’s with me on this one? Even if your family is the most carnivorous, how can they complain when it’s TACO NIGHT?!
Cauliflower does an excellent job of taking the place of beef in this recipe. But wait. I can hear the chorus now.
But what about the proooootein?
Ugh. Stop worrying so much about getting enough protein. Pretty please? You’re getting enough. In fact, chances are you’re getting more than you need. So if we don’t have a big hunk of protein in this meal, don’t worry. You probably got all you needed by dinner time anyway.
Cauliflower is processed in the food processor (you can chop it by hand if you want) along with sunflower seed for extra texture and heartiness and then cooked with onion, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning.
Add your toppings and you’ve got a delicious and satisfying vegan meal that’s also gluten-free and full of nutrients.
Please let me know if you try this! I would love to hear what your family thinks.
How to Make this Cauliflower Tacos RecipePrint
Cauliflower Tacos Recipe
Vegan, gluten-free, and easy to make, load these Cauliflower Tacos up with your favorite toppings!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: dinner recipes
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: vegan
For the Cauliflower Filling
- 20 ounces cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1/2 large onion, finely diced
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
For the Tacos
- shredded lettuce
- dairy or non-dairy shredded cheese
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower florets and sunflower seeds until they are a diced, but not mushy.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower mixture and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, water, and seasoning and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Heat the taco shells according to package directions.
- Serve the cauliflower mixture with the taco shells and your desired toppings.
*Links to products are affiliate links.
**Nutritional information includes filling and taco shells, not optional toppings as those will vary.
- Serving Size: 3 tacos
- Calories: 372
- Sugar: 5.9 grams
- Fat: 14. 3 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 54.9 grams
- Fiber: 10.7 grams
- Protein: 11.1 grams
Keywords: Cauliflower Tacos Recipe