These Lemon Coconut Energy Balls have a bright, lemony flavor and are an easy-to-make healthy snack!
Sometimes, in the middle of winter, I need something fresh and bright. Something to fight off seasonal affective disorder, which threatens to take over when I don’t see the sun for over a week at a time. These Lemon Coconut Energy Balls are exactly what I need.
The lemon flavor absolutely pops in these and the coconut flavor takes a subtle backseat. The two flavors work together to create a delicious combination.
The texture of these is a little different than a lot of my energy balls, which are made with dates and nuts. These ones don’t have dates. Instead, I used cashews as the base, and then a combination of coconut flour, shredded coconut, lemon juice, coconut oil, and agave nectar to hold them together.
I absolutely LOVE the texture this created. I used agave nectar because I like its neutral flavor here, but you are free to use another liquid sweeter like honey or maple syrup. Just be aware that the lemon flavor won’t shine as much.
Coconut flour is easy to find at most grocery stores these days, but here it is on Amazon if your grocery store isn’t that well-stocked. This is the unsweetened shredded coconut I use.
My whole family loves these energy balls. I actually created them for Meghan, who love lemon bars. I have been trying to create a healthy lemon bar recipe for a few years now, and I have not perfected it yet. These Lemon Coconut Energy Balls are a yummy compromise to hold her over until I get that recipe just right.
Even though these are more of a snack than a dessert, she is happy to have one or two of these as her sweet treat for the day. Even though they pass for dessert for Meghan, these are low sugar. You’ve got to love that! I hope your family loves them, too.
I love seeing the Happy Healthy Mama Recipes you try! Tag me in pictures on Instagram. I am @happyhealthymama 🙂Print
Lemon Coconut Energy Balls
These Lemon Coconut Energy Balls are a low sugar snack that are super easy to make!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 21 1x
- Category: snacks
- 1 1/2 cups whole cashews (I used dry roasted, salted)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 very large or 2 smaller lemons)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Place the cashews in a food processor and process until a fine crumb.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until it comes together in a ball.
- Roll the “dough” into approximately 1-inch balls and place them on a plate or tray.
- Place the tray in the freezer for about 20 minutes to firm.
- We like these best stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 2.2g
- Sodium: 4.3mg
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrates: 5.7g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 2.1g