Get your veggies in the most delicious way with this easy and tasty Zucchini Cakes recipe!
Who needs something to make with an abundance of summer zucchini?! Here you go!
This Zucchini Cakes recipe is quick, easy, and extremely tasty. With a crisp sear on the outside and tender zucchini on the inside, you’re going to love this vegetarian dinner idea. The parmesan cheese and fresh basil give these little cakes amazing flavor.
They are so easy to cook right on your stovetop with a little oil. I recommend avocado oil, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
These Zucchini Cakes are great on their own, or you can dip them in marinara sauce or ranch. (Yes, everything is good with ranch!) I hope your whole family will enjoy them! Will you let me know if you try them? I appreciate it!
Need more healthy vegetarian dinner ideas? You might also love these Sweet Potato Fritters with Avocado Dipping Sauce!
How to Make Zucchini Cakes RecipePrint
Zucchini Cakes Recipe
These Zucchini Cakes are a perfect way to use summer zucchini or just fit more vegetables into your diet year round! Spiked with parmesan cheese and fresh basil, it’s super flavorful!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 10 patties 1x
- Category: dinner recipes
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
- 3 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (from about 4 medium zucchinis–will vary depending on size)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs. (whole wheat if you can find it)
- 1/4 cup fresh packed basil, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- avocado oil
- Press all of the water out of the shredded zucchini with a towel.
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Form the mixture into thin patties.
- In a large skillet, heat a thin layer of oil over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the patties to the pan (in batches if necessary) and cook for 7-10 minutes, until the first side is golden brown. Carefully flip the patties and press them down gently with a spatula. Cook an additional 7-10 minutes, until the second side is golden brown and the middle is cooked through. Serve and enjoy!
**To ensure these cook in the middle, don’t make them too thick and don’t cook them on too high of heat. The pictures are even a bit too thick–thinner patties cook better.
- Serving Size: 1 patty
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 1.3 grams
- Fat: 5.1 grams
- Saturated Fat: 2.2
- Carbohydrates: 14.3
- Fiber: 0.9 grams
- Protein: 8.2 grams
Keywords: zucchini cakes recipe
Links to products are affiliate links. Thanks for supporting Happy Healthy Mama!