These Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes are the lightest, fluffiest whole wheat pancakes I’ve ever made and I know you are going to LOVE them!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 3/4 milk (I use unsweetened almond milk; any kind of milk will work)
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl and mix until just combined. Fold in the diced apple. Do not over mix.
- To cook the pancakes, heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. When the pan is ready, butter or oil the pan. Pour the pancake batter using a 1/3 cup measure cup onto the pan. Allow the pancake to cook until the edges appear dry and there are tiny bubbles forming on the surface. Flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes until the pancake is golden brown. Enjoy!
Busy Mama Tip: Make an extra batch of these on the weekend and freeze them. You’ll have easy weekday breakfasts ready to go!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 122
- Sugar: 6.5
- Fat: 0.5
- Carbohydrates: 24
- Fiber: 3.6
- Protein: 3.1