The alternate title for this recipe: Summer in a Bowl. What you have here is the best summer has to offer in one delicious bowl, ready to be eaten in less than 15 minutes. You are welcome.
You will feel 10,000 times healthier after finishing this bowl of summer goodness. I promise you. Eat this for lunch and you can walk around for the rest of the day all smug like because you consumed all the vegetables in one sitting. And it tasted good. Not just “Oh I’m eating my vegetables and these aren’t too bad” good. Like, really good. Authentically good. You want to polish off five servings good.
Don’t take my word for it. Make this salad and you won’t be sorry. It won’t take you long. Do you have a julienne slicer yet? If not, buy this one immediately. It took me four minutes to prep the “noodles” for this salad. At $9.95, it was one of my best kitchen purchases in a long time. You’ll love it and you’ll love this salad, too.
Summer Squash Noodle Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
This salad incorporates all the best produce summer has to offer in one delicious bowl! Raw summer squash noodles mix with fresh tomato, red pepper, corn, and fresh herbs and are topped with a lime vinaigrette. Who knew vegetables could be this fabulous?!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
For the vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the salad
- 3 medium-sized yellow summer squash (green zucchini may be substituted), julienned (or use a spiralizer if you prefer)
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large tomato, cored and diced
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
Whisk together all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl. Taste and add salt and pepper to your preference. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together all of the salad ingredients. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 of 4 servings
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 10.5g
- Sodium: 17.5mg
- Fat: 11.25g
- Carbohydrates: 22.5g
- Protein: 3.75g
Keywords: squash noodles