If you need a healthy snack recipe, these No Bake Granola Bars are perfect! They are made with rolled oats, seeds, peanut butter, and honey. It takes about 5 minutes to prepare these and they are gluten-free and easily made vegan, too! The best part? No oven required!
I was going to start this post with an apology for posting a snack recipe two weeks in a row, then I realized, duh, you guys love snack recipes. My snack recipes are always the most visited pages, shared pages, pinned recipes, and commented on posts.
So, no apologies, just another healthy snack recipe to add to the list of must-makes! This time it’s in the form of chilly, no bake granola bars. I debated calling these no bake granola bites since I stuffed them in a muffin cup to avoid having to even cut them into bars (lazy much?), but they are definitely bigger than a bite. (Update: I have started making these in my Granola Bar Pan so the most updated pictures are in bar form!)
I called them “chilly” because we love these served straight from the freezer. Trust me, it’s the most delicious way to eat these tasty little treats. If you prefer to store them in the fridge, that works, but they will be much stickier. They don’t get too hard in the freezer, but have a perfect chewy texture that is great for even toddlers.
The best part is that these no bake granola bars have a prep time of approximately 5 minutes. These may have quickest prep time of all my snack recipes. No chopping, just one bowl, dump and mix.
And then there’s the no baking part. Yesssss. I do chill these in the freezer before eating them, but you don’t really have to.
Let me show you just how easy this No Bake Granola Bars recipe is!
Recipe Ingredients-What you Need
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Brown Rice Syrup can be used in place of the honey for strict vegans.
- Almond butter can be used in place of the peanut butter.
- Sunflower seed butter in place of peanut butter makes these nut and peanut free (more school friendly).
How To Make No Bake Granola Bars
- Line a muffin tin with silicone baking cups or paper liners. You can also use a granola bar pan if you have one, or a bread pan if you’d like to cut these yourself.
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together well. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Distribute into the muffin tins or granola bar pan or press evenly into bread pan. Using slightly wet hands or a slightly wet spoon, and press the mixture down evenly.
- Place in the freezer and allow to set for about 20 minutes. We like these best stored in the freezer. Enjoy!
If you try this recipe, please leave a review and star rating below! It’s so helpful for readers to see which recipes have been tried and true by other readers! Thank you!
We love homemade granola bars in our house! You should also try these Chewy Homemade Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars, these 4-ingredient Peanut Butter Granola Bars with Chocolate, or these Chocolate Oatmeal Granola Bars. All delicious choices!
You should also check out this list of over 100 healthy snacks for kids!Print
This recipe was originally published in 2015. Updates were made and the recipe republished August 2020.