If you’re looking for a healthy dessert that’s vegan and gluten-free, you’ve got to try these Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Bars! This easy recipe is ready in 30 minutes!
I’m sure I’ve mentioned this a time or two, but my family loves desserts. Instead of banning all sweets in an attempt to be healthy, I’ve learned that I can create delicious, wholesome desserts that will satisfy their sweet teeth AND my desire for my family eat eat healthy foods. Those two things don’t have to be mutually exclusive!
That’s where recipes like this one for Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Bars comes in. These are gluten-free and vegan full of delicious banana flavor. If you’re a banana dessert lover, these are going to hit the spot for you!
Enough chatter! Let’s dive into this recipe!
Recipe Ingredients-What You Need
- 3-4 very ripe bananas (1 1/2 cups mashed banana)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal with 6 tablespoons water)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup golden monk fruit sweetener with erythritol
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoons GF flour of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
How to Make Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
This is a super easy one-bowl recipe that is so quick and easy to make. You’ll want to make these on the regular! Here are the easy, step-by-step instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of an 8X8 inch pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash your bananas and measure 1 1/2 cups.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mashed banana, flax eggs oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir in the sweetener until well combined. Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips.
- Transfer to the baking pan and use a spatula to smooth the batter evenly. Top with the remaining chocolate chips and press them down slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bars to cool completely (at least 30 minutes) before slicing.
If you try this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leaving a comment and star rating is very helpful for me and other readers looking to see if a recipe is tried and true. I appreciate your feedback a lot!Print