Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Dessert Bars (Vegan & Gluten Free)
These Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Dessert Bars are gluten-free, vegan, and have no added sugar! They are easy to make with simple ingredients and are a healthy dessert.
- Author: Maryea Flaherty of Happy Healthy Mama
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 bars 1x
- Category: dessert recipes
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 3–4 very ripe bananas (1 1/2 cups mashed banana)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal with 6 tablespoons water)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup golden monk fruit sweetener with erythritol
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoons GF flour of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of an 8X8 inch pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash your bananas and measure 1 1/2 cups.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mashed banana, flax eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir in the sweetener until well combined. Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips.
- Transfer to the baking pan and use a spatula to smooth the batter evenly. Top with the remaining chocolate chips and press them down slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bars to cool completely (at least 30 minutes) before slicing.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 137
- Sugar: 5 grams
- Fat: 6.4 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 21 grams
- Fiber: 3.9 grams
- Protein: 2.7 grams
Keywords: Banana Chocolate Chip Dessert Bars